No registration required

Wired headset button

OP Berzerker7

3rd November 2011, 12:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

766 posts
More
Has anyone noticed wired headset buttons not working? I haven't tested the mic, but I imagine that doesn't work either.

I'm using Skullcandy 50/50s. The icon doesn't even show up that it's got a mic on it...could they have removed support for it? I doubt it though...
3rd November 2011, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag North San Diego County
Thanks Meter: 21

190 posts
Donate to Me
More
What ROM are you using? Some of the AOSP ROM's have problems with headsets, others don't.
3rd November 2011, 06:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

766 posts
More
Using Skyradier Zeus...I was planning on trying other ROMs as well, I'll see if it works.

Edit, I got it to work. I'd have to get the OS to "recognize" it by hitting the other buttons a couple times. It then detected it as a mic headset and worked fine.
Last edited by Berzerker7; 3rd November 2011 at 09:06 AM.
3rd November 2011, 03:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 198

778 posts
More
It was fine when I was running RMK's Ginger Sense and, lately - been running SR's Zeus R1.1.1 (newest) with several headphone/mic sets, including those standalone stereo only headsets - all good for me.

Looking at the physical design of the Inc 2's plug location and the shape/size of some of the headset/mics combo available to users, my feeling is that when it's not fully inserted or seated properly, and 1 of the 4 pins out aren't making contact, trouble then arise.

There was another post about someone using iPhone's in-line headset/mic and had issues (I used a noise-cancelling one branded by Sharper Image for iphone, BB & it worked in all of my devices, including the tablet.)
24th November 2011, 05:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag Setauket
Thanks Meter: 32

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker7

Has anyone noticed wired headset buttons not working? I haven't tested the mic, but I imagine that doesn't work either.

I'm using Skullcandy 50/50s. The icon doesn't even show up that it's got a mic on it...could they have removed support for it? I doubt it though...

This should fix it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1348504
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread