Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 52,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot update to Gingerbread

Tip us?

rawrzar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyAn View Post
The cubed had a stock revo file that he posted somewhere in the dev forum. Just flash that with CWM and you should be good to go.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App
Thanks! Found it and got it working. Just waiting for the update now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamRwoo View Post
Apparently the update hasn't been pushed to all phones yet...there's several of us on xda that still don't have it. Jackpot08 is working on a .tot but until then, we just have to wait.

Some people have called Verizon and they can't force the update to your phone, so don't bother with that.
Thanks for the info, guess the update hasn't been pushed to my phone yet.

westnewton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have been on stock for a week now, and its been horrible. I forgot how slow this was before devs streamlined the system, and how many rooted apps/functions I used.

I am going back to revolt today. I will see GB when the .TOT is available.

Madert
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrzar View Post
Hey everyone. I rooted my phone a while back (around June), but it got unrooted during the update in July and I haven't bothered rooting it again. But now, when I try to update to Gingerbread, I always get a message saying "Update failed or incomplete" after downloading and rebooting. I noticed I still have SuperUser installed, so I tried unrooting with SuperOneClick, but SuperOneClick is stuck on "Waiting for Device". I have also tried to reset to factory settings, with the same result. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Were you attempting to update to gingerbread by using the TOT? Or was there an update available though your service provider?

If you were getting a failure through the network, it's likely because you haven't gone back to stock recovery and still have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed. Use DevToolKit to fix this.

If you are using the TOT and getting a failure, do a checksum on the TOT file.

hatoncat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've been working on this actively as I have a revolution. LG has informed me the update push completed on November 2. Nobody at VZW or LG can tell me why some Revolutions haven't gotten the push.

VZW Engineering has apparently been alerted, but LG has been unresponsive to me to-date.

I'm not waiting and putting together a one-package manual update kit, but I do want to give LG and VZW time to give me an update. Thing is, it's been over 72 hours now and there hasn't been one, so my patience is wearing thin.

It's disappointing that LG hasn't responded to any of my inquiries... I'm asking the right people behind the scenes.
PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
ChristopherPrice.net

Madert
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
I've been working on this actively as I have a revolution. LG has informed me the update push completed on November 2. Nobody at VZW or LG can tell me why some Revolutions haven't gotten the push.

VZW Engineering has apparently been alerted, but LG has been unresponsive to me to-date.

I'm not waiting and putting together a one-package manual update kit, but I do want to give LG and VZW time to give me an update. Thing is, it's been over 72 hours now and there hasn't been one, so my patience is wearing thin.

It's disappointing that LG hasn't responded to any of my inquiries... I'm asking the right people behind the scenes.
I'm in Rochester NY and never got one. I gave it til 2 days ago and threw on the TOT.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by

hatoncat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madert View Post
I'm in Rochester NY and never got one. I gave it til 2 days ago and threw on the TOT.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards drafting an idiot-proof TOT guide, it's just going to be really upsetting if I have to do that. If this was Apple, and not LG, we wouldn't even have this thread right now.

Option-click .ipk and done... not that Apple would even let ~1-5% of a device "miss" an update.
ChristopherPrice.net

hatoncat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So, I've confirmed a few things with LG officially:

1) The ZV7 update has not been pulled.
2) LG was not aware of this issue until I reported it.
3) LG is just now starting the process of investigating.

I can't flash a TOT on mine right now, as LG may want to capture my unit for evaluation. I'll know more soon, hopefully by Monday.
ChristopherPrice.net

antiwesley
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Verizon was trying to push an update on me back on the 11th. It was the V6 update, as I was running V4. It failed, and I manually ran the tot through with LGNPST. Since thecubed had posted the V7 tot as well, I ran that through as well.

I probably did not need to go from V4 to V6 to get to V7, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

But as I said, the only push I had received was on the 11th, well after the 2nd.
As a semi-newbie, it was easier to push the tot on than anything else.

hatoncat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
LG Engineering is at least listening... they have agreed to capture my unit and send me a brand new Revolution simultaneously.
ChristopherPrice.net

Madert
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiwesley View Post
Verizon was trying to push an update on me back on the 11th. It was the V6 update, as I was running V4. It failed, and I manually ran the tot through with LGNPST. Since thecubed had posted the V7 tot as well, I ran that through as well.

I probably did not need to go from V4 to V6 to get to V7, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

But as I said, the only push I had received was on the 11th, well after the 2nd.
As a semi-newbie, it was easier to push the tot on than anything else.
Did you have clockwork recovery installed when you tried to get Verizon s update

Sent from my gingervolt`ed revolution
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by