Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WP7 KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012)

Tip us?

-=Barin=-
Old
(Last edited by -=Barin=-; 1st December 2012 at 07:32 AM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 567

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [WP7 KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012)

Hi all!
I want to present the tool which can port/rebuild XIP (NK) and build IMGFS partition file for Windows Phone 7 with real registry recompiling and relocations according to WP7 memory model.
It can also build NB (D000FF and WMSTORE containers) and NBH files for HTC WP7 devices (tested on HTC HD2, HTC HD7, HTC Mozart, HTC Radar, HTC Titan).

This thread is the continuation of OSBuilder for WM topic. The future discussion about WP7 ROM assembling by means of OsBuilder will take place over here

Thanks again to the team (AndrewSh, Feropont, Vladimir1973, lucifer3006) - for the support, for the tests, for your work!
Special thanks to HD2Owner for enthusiasm and his titanic work in testing WP7mode.
Thanks a lot to AnDim for his tenderness and important information provided.

Sincerely,
Barin and Ultrashot

Tutorial videos:
How to dump NBH
How to work with registry
How to work with packages.sof/packages.cif
to be continued...

[POLL] What new features do you want to have in OsBuilder future releases

Attached Files
File Type: zip OSBuilderSetup1.4.236-FULL.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.40 MB, 6902 views)
The Following 106 Users Say Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-=Barin=-
Old
(Last edited by -=Barin=-; 1st December 2012 at 07:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 567

DONATE TO ME
Changelog links:
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.235 FULL (25.11.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.234 FULL (22.11.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.223 FULL (02.10.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.209 FULL (19.05.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.206 FULL (21.04.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.4.205 FULL (16.04.2012)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.3.199 FULL (09.12.2011)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.3.189 FULL (08.11.2011)
Changelog - OS Builder V1.3.187 FULL (03.11.2011)
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-=Barin=-
Old
Thanks Meter 567

DONATE TO ME
Reserved...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndrewSh
Old
(Last edited by AndrewSh; 3rd November 2011 at 11:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 816
To -=Barin=- and Ultrashot

Dear friends!

Thank you for all the help you have given me with my WP7 experience.

I especially appreciate the information and advices you have provided, and the excellent OsBuilder you have shared with me. Your assistance has been invaluable to me!

Again, thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your generosity, willingness to help and friendship.

Regards

Andrew.

Current devices:
HTC Titan - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HTC 7 Mozart - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HD2 TMOUS - My own custom WM 6.5.3 - OS 29217.5.3.12.26
Still support Asus P525
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-=Barin=-
Old
(Last edited by -=Barin=-; 3rd November 2011 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 567

DONATE TO ME
Default Changelog - OS Builder V1.3.187 FULL (03.11.2011)

1. Fixed issue with deleting a parameter defined in boot.rgu, if the removing directive was stored in other packages - the post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564

The second step to full WP7 support
2. Relocation engine is totally redesigned. (Hats off to Ultrashot for valuable help with WP7 modules Z .reloc sections)
3. Added possibility of porting/rebuilding XIP (NK) and the assembling IMGFS partition file for Windows Phone 7 with real registry recompiling and relocations according to WP7memory model (tested on HTC HD2, HTC HD7 and HTC Mozart. Credit for tests goes to Feropont and HD2Owner)

I want to warn that the registry files have to be checked by registry preview, because there is a hell of syntax errors in the original registry. Frankly, it seems (IMHO) that first the registry was generated and then some comments for dumb and mistakes were added.
Registry Preview will define incorrect lines to help you to fix that. The most common errors are:
- Parameter name without the quotes
- The comments are not marked with a semicolon or marked with colon.
- HEX type values end with point (the last or the only parameter line)
- The value MULTI_SZ contains comments between the lines parameter
- Existence of Directives for conditional compilation IF ... END (it's not a mistake, but currently these directives are not processed, so you should label them as a comment)

4. The dsm-editor has now the feature to set/clear Z-flags for modules.
Warning! This flag is used for WP7 XIP modules only if the RW section of a module must be located within the boundaries of RAMStart-RAMFree (nk.exe, kernel.dll, kitl_noplat.dll and similar)
5. For WP7 - Added ability to edit the file MsDefaultcerts.dat (see Additional Tools)
6. For WP7- Added ability to edit files CoreOS.dat and initobj.dat (see Additional Tools)
7. Added ability to automatically insert a certificate which will sign files while assembling DefaultCerts.dat and MsDefaultCerts.dat (for WP7) - see the settings in Build Dump and ROM. The original files stay untouched.
8. XIP Port settings - added the list of additional MS packages (for WP7). When porting WP7 XIP, the packages specified in this list will be replaced with donor packages.

At the moment, we can safely add the following packages to this list:
BaseDrivers_NK
CCFGSVC
GFX_NK
KFPCRT
Watson_Core
WinCENLS

9. In Configuration and packages tab of Setting - added the option "Always include 0409packages." If your WP7kitchen allows the language selection, it is recommended to use this option enabled to include English-language packages by default to your ROM, otherwise there is risk to get non-bootable ROM.
10. Added - the ability to build NB files (! For the moment only D000FF container !, NB assembling for the new _wmstore structure devices is not supported yet) and NBH files for WP7
To build NB you should have the original NB and should define the way to it in Build ROM settings, for example ".\NB\OS.nb". Unfortunately, to get rid of the original NB is not yet possible, but the work is in process. Hats off to AnDim for help and information provided. NBH build configuration settings are similar to the previous version, except that the CID tab can contain multiple values (each value in a separate line)
Warning! If you plan to use for cooking WP7 dump obtained by earlier versions of OSBuilder, I would strongly recommend you to dump again, and to copy the new ROM template \ ROM.tpl to your kitchen. The new template will contain additional service information, which was not recorded in earlier versions of OSBuilder

11. OSBuilder is fully backward compatible with WM6.x kitchens, (it was a big deal btw, but it was implemented). When you open the kitchen OSBuilder automatically detects the required mode WM6/WP7.
This compatibility will remain for the future, but no new features for WM kitchens will be added. OSBuilder WM Kitchens Development is terminated due to the termination of WM6.5.x development from MS side.

Thanks again to the team (AndrewSh, Feropont, Vladimir1973) - for the support, for the tests, for your work!
Special thanks to HD2Owner for enthusiasm and his titanic work in testing WP7mode.
Thanks a lot to AnDim for his tenderness and important information provided.

Sincerely,
Barin and Ultrashot
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feropont
Old
(Last edited by feropont; 3rd November 2011 at 04:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 265
Default Thanks

Thank you my friends Barin and Ultrashot, with you was nice work in a friendly and well-coordinated team. Thank you for large lessons learned and tools OSBuilder.

Regards
feropont.
My Device
HD2 my ROM-->Toshiba TG01 my ROM-->HTC Mozart and
HTC HD7 Tmous
My current Device
HTC Titan WP7 my ROM Full Unlock secret build WP
Samsung Galaxy Nexus AOKP M5
All my custom ROM are HERE
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to feropont For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwang
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 528

DONATE TO ME
Good Job !!! keep going
Every HTC devices from Wallaby to HD7 (WM6.x AKU-??? always new AKU ),my own build rom
Want to know what I know about the device then Read Wiki like I did.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com
http://darkforcesteam.com
http://darkforcesteam.com.cn
http://dft.so

Follow me at twitter @mwangDF

If you like my work, you can support future development by "
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mwang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HD2Owner
Old
(Last edited by HD2Owner; 3rd November 2011 at 05:50 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2070

DONATE TO ME
yes indeed. great work barin. thanks alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaimatejam View Post
hd2 7720 files in the SYS and OEM Give
please
thanks
just dump any mango rom to get that stuff.. what's the problem?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HD2Owner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
build wp7 rom, windows phone 7 kitchen