Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Transformer wins Gadget of the year.

3rd November 2011, 10:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421

1,090 posts
Beating iPad2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15559778

Braindead media experts are in shock that their beloved Apple did not win it.

However anyone with any sense already knew this. I mean the Transformer beats the iPad2 in every respect.

* 7x the camera megapixel count.
* 20% more screen resolution.
* USB2 ports
* Dock with double battery life
* Lower cost

A win for great technology over average technology and slick marketing.
3rd November 2011, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Penang Island
Thanks Meter: 61

566 posts
More
-----
"Despite the iPad 2 being a finer tablet in the purest sense, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer offers so much more," Stuff's consulting editor, Simon Osborne-Walker, told the BBC.
-----

:/ ifag much?

but seriously the TF deserves it

---
Asus is expected to launch a successor hybrid device within the coming weeks. Analysts say the new version is likely to include a faster processor and the latest version of Google's Android system.
---
are these so called experts living under a rock or something?
Last edited by reaperzero; 3rd November 2011 at 10:39 AM.
3rd November 2011, 10:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421

1,090 posts
I'd love for them to define how it's actually "finer tablet in the purest sense,"..

I mean if any other company launched a tablet with a main camera with a pathetic 700k pixel camera, when even cheapo smartphones have 5Mpixels camera, they would be absolutely slated.

It's a vicious cycle of course, all these "experts" only know iPad2, because they simply can't be bothered to look elsewhere (and many of them get complimentary review iPad2 units to keep, so why bother..), so just assume that it's the best because it's best selling, and it's best selling just cements that further...
3rd November 2011, 11:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Penang Island
Thanks Meter: 61

566 posts
More
well personally i find alot of apple customers to be borderline obsessed with apple products..... its kinda scary, the power that marketing has on people with weaker minds :/
3rd November 2011, 11:15 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 40

315 posts
Transformer wins Gadget of the year.
The Asus Transformer has won Stuff Magazine's Gadget of the Year award beating the iPad 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15559778

In reply to below. I checked before posting this. At the time this thread did not exist. We must have posted within minutes of each other. It happens. Millions of people in different time zones all with the power to press "Save"
Last edited by mitchelln; 3rd November 2011 at 02:59 PM.
3rd November 2011, 11:18 AM   |  #6  
Flag Portland, TX
Thanks Meter: 78

536 posts
More
Really dude. There is another thread one thread over from this one pertaining to this very thing. Please help keep the forum clean of endless, useless posts.
3rd November 2011, 11:31 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 462

1,573 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperzero

well personally i find alot of apple customers to be borderline obsessed with apple products..... its kinda scary, the power that marketing has on people with weaker minds :/

No ****, I'm married to one. She won't even consider Android anything anymore. She has made it clear her next phone will be the iPhone 5 and we sold the iPad and she is using my Transformer and bitches about it EVERY SINGLE DAY demanding she get an iPad 2. Yet...one of the main things she wants to do is Skype (with family) which is much better on the Transformer due to the camera but she just doesn't get it. Oh, did I mention she has never even used an iPhone before, but she said she just knows its better...

So, in an effort to stave off a domestic violence situation and/or divorce...we are buying a stupid iPad 2 today.

I love her in every other way...but her understanding of technology is a disappointment. I guess no one is perfect...well...except us here in the forums.
3rd November 2011, 12:17 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 43

367 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExploreMN

No ****, I'm married to one. She won't even consider Android anything anymore. She has made it clear her next phone will be the iPhone 5 and we sold the iPad and she is using my Transformer and bitches about it EVERY SINGLE DAY demanding she get an iPad 2. Yet...one of the main things she wants to do is Skype (with family) which is much better on the Transformer due to the camera but she just doesn't get it. Oh, did I mention she has never even used an iPhone before, but she said she just knows its better...

So, in an effort to stave off a domestic violence situation and/or divorce...we are buying a stupid iPad 2 today.

I love her in every other way...but her understanding of technology is a disappointment. I guess no one is perfect...well...except us here in the forums.

hahaha ... LMAO xD

well i totally agree with ya dude .. well im new in TF family .. have ordered my TF will be getting it on the 26th or 27th of this month ..

well now adays what i've experianced is .. when i ever i see an Apple user and i take my Galaxy S i9000 out .. and we start the debate ... and after all humiliation to that apple user .. they say .. STFU Apple is Apple .. :P

lol .. no wards to say nything ... and that makes me rofl
3rd November 2011, 12:22 PM   |  #9  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 52

264 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExploreMN

Who will pay? If you then do not buy! Ask him why Apple is the best and if the answer is so foolish, he is a believer in Apple. Apple fan boys and girls are the worst. Android is in many ways better than iOS.
3rd November 2011, 12:37 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
yay for competition driving market improvements!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread