Standard Disclaimer - We are in no way responsible for what you do to your phone. If you destroy your $500 device and try and blame us we will laugh at you. Always read and ensure you know what you are doing before attempting anything***
What the hell this is
OC up to 1.836 ghz
should boot into stock frequencies
added BFQ I/O scheduler and made default
patched drivers from newer Telus 989D source
working init.d support
and much much more. Check the latest additions in the change log!
0.3 - Nov 6
- added BLN! (use neldar's BLN control app from the market)
- tweaked ondemand gov
- added 1.89ghz step
- any weirdness going past 1.72 should be fixed
- added snapdragon compiler flag optimizations
0.2 - Nov 4
- added zram (must enable through init script, more on it below) - ALSO LOL WE DONT NEED THIS WE HAVE 999999MB OF RAM
- patched drivers from Telus 989D source (newer, less debugging)
- increased voltages to more stock-like values (uv by yourself)
- boots up into stock frequencies (384 - 1512) (oc by yourself)
0.1 - Nov 3
- initial release
Right now, there doesn't seem to be any bugs. However, if you do get a random reboot, or are having boot loops please provide me with a log and follow the instructions.
Just about any OC app will work just fine. By default, the kernel sets the max frequency to the highest frequency available. You can change this by adding a few lines to an init.d script (or run commands in a shell).
For instance, setting stock freqs would look like this
(su if in shell)
echo 384000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1512000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/online
echo 384000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1512000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
To enable zRam you must execute the following commands in shell as root
This needs to be run on every reboot.
You can check to see if it's enabled/actually being used:
free = 0? it's not being used. usually takes a while to build up (especially with the mega****tons of RAM we have)
- Make sure you know how to get into recovery via HARDWARE KEY COMBO - I HAVE WARNED YOU
- Please do not include this with any ROMs
- Source available on my github (link in sig)
- You can use the kernel with any ROM out currently.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?