Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paypal support in android market

Tip us?

vijaypalmanit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Red face Paypal support in android market

Hurrrrrrrr

We have seen a lot of rumors and leaks in the past that suggested that Google and PayPal will tie up to bring PayPal payment support in Android Market as an alternate to carrier billing and Google Checkout.

But these rumors died down after a while; but something new have come up again after a long time thanks to some lines of code in latest Market v3.3.11 apk.

You can easily see the references to PayPal in APK code, which means Google might have already started integrating Paypal at the code level, and the real integration announcement might not be very far.

PayPal integration will surely give users another great option to pay for apps without creating too many payment accounts. Many of users already have PayPal accounts from years and to make app purchases they had to create Google Checkout accounts, but that won’t be needed anymore.

How many of you are excited to see PayPal as the payment option in the Android Market?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vijaypalmanit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

supergaijin
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaypalmanit View Post
...How many of you are excited to see PayPal as the payment option in the Android Market?

that would be great!
i9003 flashed to GB 2.3.6 (KPQ), rooted and deodexed, and overclocked (uc v5t6) cranium 5.1 thanks to the hard work of many people!

now we just need rex4u to get his health back so the ultimate i9003 ROM could be completed!

for those flashing custom ROMs, calibrate your battery!!!

for those familiar with calibration seeking a faster calibration, try this!

vijaypalmanit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
yeah i just got the new market update automatically to my device,apart from whatever features are mention above i could se some minor UI Tweaks also, and it looks good

nonyhaha
Old
Thanks Meter 16
and then? any more news about this? i would like to be able to buy using my paypal account...