hi, i'm still new with rooting using odin, previously i'm using SOC...mind to share step by step to root using odin? i found this step in this forum, can i follow this? Do I need to select PIT, PHONE & CSC or I can just skip those steps (3, 9, 10)? Also, can somebody post link to dload odin - which version can be used to root this phone?
1. Download and run odin.
2. Check Re-Partition, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
3. Click PIT button and select this file: latona_20110114.pit
4. Put your phone into download mode: Press Volume down + OK + Power.
5. Connect USB cable and the program will detect the phone's Com number.
6. Click Start button to download the PIT file to phone.
7. After it is Done Click on Reset button, then unselect Re-Partition box.
8. Click PDA button and select this file: I9003xxxxx-xxx...-PDA-low-CL890053.tar.md5
9. Click PHONE button and select this file: MODEM_I9003xxxxx_REV_00_CL889972.tar.md5
10. Click CSC button and select this file: GT-I9003-CSC-xxxxxx.tar.md5
11. Remove the battery, then enter Device into Download Mode again.
12. Click Start button to flash these files to phone.
13. Do not touch anything till you see PASS on the program window.
14. Just do a factory reset after flashing using recovery