Semi Bricked/Bricked Phone Needs Fixing
Hi Guys -
First time android user and attempted rooting using the odin method. I followed the instruction listed here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1311194
to the "T" before starting. I was doing alright until after flashing the recovery-cwm-hercules.tar, then it gets weird. It didn't flash to recovery but just rebooted to the main screen (where I could see the background picture with the locker pattern), then it immediately shuts off and the cycle begins again.
The weird thing is that I can't even access recovery mode (hold vol. up+down+power), because I'll see the Clockworkmod logo then it flickers and reboot itself. This happens every time I attempted recovery mode.
My attempts to fix it:
1. I flashed the recovery, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1315390
, to see if it makes any difference. The same story happens with loading to main screen w/locker then it reboots itself again and again. Sometimes I'll be lucky to input the pattern but before soon it will reboot itself again. Same thing with recovery mode as described above.
2. Flashing the stock kernel provided by http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1311229
to see if it does anything. Nope, same story for both recovery mode/home screen.
3. The insecure kernel, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1320946
. Same story. nope, nope.
4. Tried these in all order and permutation. Nada.
5. Tried it both ways using samsung driver/kies.
6. Tried it both ways with/without SIM card.
7. Battery is fully charged when attempting any flashing.
8. All the above in my second computer to no avail.
I'm sorry if this might come across as long winded but I just want you guys to get the full picture. I would really appreciate it if you guys could offer any solutions or advice on how to correct this problem. Please be gentle with this first time android user haha, thanks in advance man.