5,596,700 Members 46,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide]Running BackTrack5(Ubuntu Lucid v10.04) On Your ET4G!!!

Tip us?
 
KingOfThaJungle
Old
#21  
KingOfThaJungle's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 823
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyevo4g View Post
i can only fit so much in the screen shot what else you looking for
dude you don't have to take additional screenies, although I appreciate the one already post....just look back a few posts and it says what else I asked for, "help me help you, help me help you" lol there's only so much that I can guess w/o the proper info










 
donnyevo4g
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Caldwell

 
DONATE TO ME
iv done everything up until step how to launch bt and when i start going threw the commands everything goes smooth until i get to bt when i type bt thats when i get the chroot error message other than that i been able to download files extract files flash file in recovery and my sdcard/bt folder final directory does look the way you have it in the thread am i answering your question now or am i still missing somthing lol
 
KingOfThaJungle
Old
#23  
KingOfThaJungle's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 823
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyevo4g View Post
iv done everything up until step how to launch bt and when i start going threw the commands everything goes smooth until i get to bt when i type bt thats when i get the chroot error message other than that i been able to download files extract files flash file in recovery and my sdcard/bt folder final directory does look the way you have it in the thread am i answering your question now or am i still missing somthing lol
Nope, we're on the same page now man lol....so su, cd /sdcard/bt, sh installbt.sh, and startbt all go through accordingly but then when asked to enter bt to launch, you get that error...hey do me a favor and just check the bt folder and see if you have all five files and if you could, also post up their sizes so I can compare your's to mine(hey now)...especially bt.img, on my phone its 3.3GB..if using MyFiles, going into the app and scroll down to the BT folder, go in, and then long press on bt.img and select details, it should read 3.3GB(3,501,000,000 bytes)










The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfThaJungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
donnyevo4g
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Caldwell

 
DONATE TO ME
correct when i bt i get the chroot error and here r the sizes as per section

sdcard/bt/bt: size 660 bytes

sdcard/bt/bt.img: size 1.74gb ( i guess thats the problem why is the img smaller then yours)

sdcard/bt/installbt.sh: size 1.02K

sdcard/bt/startbt: size 1.12K

sdcsard/bt/stopbt: size 820 bytes

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

think i got it i ran out of space on my primary sdcard so it only copied some of the image over i just cleared alot of space and am copying the image over now so hopefully it will all go over now then il run commands again and then get back to you

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

YES!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED im all set im gonna try and run it now but i got past that error message thanks alot man il make sure to hit the thanks button for you and PM me when you get a chance i want to go over the Ubuntu 11.10 project with you so we can work on it together and get it finished for these good people once again thanks and good work
The Following User Says Thank You to donnyevo4g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KingOfThaJungle
Old
#25  
KingOfThaJungle's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 823
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyevo4g View Post
correct when i bt i get the chroot error and here r the sizes as per section

sdcard/bt/bt: size 660 bytes

sdcard/bt/bt.img: size 1.74gb ( i guess thats the problem why is the img smaller then yours)

sdcard/bt/installbt.sh: size 1.02K

sdcard/bt/startbt: size 1.12K

sdcsard/bt/stopbt: size 820 bytes

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

think i got it i ran out of space on my primary sdcard so it only copied some of the image over i just cleared alot of space and am copying the image over now so hopefully it will all go over now then il run commands again and then get back to you

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

YES!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED im all set im gonna try and run it now but i got past that error message thanks alot man il make sure to hit the thanks button for you and PM me when you get a chance i want to go over the Ubuntu 11.10 project with you so we can work on it together and get it finished for these good people once again thanks and good work
Awesome man, glad you got it running! Will catch up with you after work to hear about the Ubuntu v11.10 project you got going, will be more than happy to help if I can!










 
Sterist
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 288
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Galaxy S, quadrant 2
so if i hit home to get back to android, terminal emulator would take me back to BT?
Error 4.0.4 Android Not Found! ®

Please check your internet connection and don't spam the forums trying to figure this one out. ©
 
donnyevo4g
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Caldwell

 
DONATE TO ME
if you hit home you will be back in android you can even close terminal and backtrack/ubuntu will still work the only way it shuts down is if you run the commands to shut it down at least thats the case for me i have terminal closed and im still able to disconnect and reconnect no problem at all. hope that answered your question
 
Sterist
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 288
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Galaxy S, quadrant 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyevo4g View Post
if you hit home you will be back in android you can even close terminal and backtrack/ubuntu will still work the only way it shuts down is if you run the commands to shut it down at least thats the case for me i have terminal closed and im still able to disconnect and reconnect no problem at all. hope that answered your question
nope it didn't

how do i get back to BT after hitting home? launch terminal and/or....?
Error 4.0.4 Android Not Found! ®

Please check your internet connection and don't spam the forums trying to figure this one out. ©
 
donnyevo4g
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Caldwell

 
DONATE TO ME
you go back into vnc? or if the connection fails go into terminal and type the following

su
startbt
bt
ui
 
arvinghost
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 135
Join Date: Sep 2007
i did all these steps:
•su
•cd /sdcard/external_sd\bt
•sh installbt.sh
•startbt
•bt

*and of course i copied the and extracted the file 3.3GB and flashed the update in recovery.


but when i press ui it says
uI: not found

anyone knows what the problem could be

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes