Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[07.09.2012][CF-Root 5.6] K**,LA-1346,LB1,LC1,LP-1YF89,LQ-23,LR-GIKQ - su+bb+CWM5

Tip us?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriz View Post
We can't blame Samsung they never stated that their hardware would be compatible with anything else than flashing final updates trough kies.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Wrong.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mo...AXEU-downloads

Download the ICS manual. Go to Page 174.

"Factory Data Reset" is right there.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

jeriz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Wrong.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mo...AXEU-downloads

Download the ICS manual. Go to Page 174.

"Factory Data Reset" is right there.
Bad link. Could you hook me up? I really like to read it

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 39192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Bad link. Could you hook me up? I really like to read it
Click me.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeriz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
People bricking trough factory data reset on an unrooted phone will probably get a replacement from Samsung
My point was that we can't legally blame them or demand anything (page 3) and they won't support things like xda at fear of being held responsible for user error

altae
Old
Thanks Meter 221
To the people who already flashed the LPF CF-Kernel: Are the wifi problems real?

Sent from my Galaxy Note running ICS

rev.pragon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Have no wifi problems.

Robotu
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
People bricking trough factory data reset on an unrooted phone will probably get a replacement from Samsung
My point was that we can't legally blame them or demand anything (page 3) and they won't support things like xda at fear of being held responsible for user error

Hmm! I think that this is true for a normal situation, when the brick is happening rarely, just here and there, for weeks we are out of this scenario. Not blame to samsung (though we should) nor held responsible..., but at least triggering a signal alarm, make it public and puting theme to work for future software release and devices..., Or at least we should try!

Note_E
Old
Thanks Meter 100
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....samsung.cares

Tell them how you really feel about superbrick. Says for us products only but if they "care" word should spread

Robotu
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note_E View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....samsung.cares

Tell them how you really feel about superbrick. Says for us products only but if they "care" word should spread
That is just RP and marketing. I do not know exactly wich one but i am talking about another way. My english is bad in talking or expressing miself (taht is), but not for reading, hearing or understanding. That is why i would like to see people (comunity) to replace that by gathering and find a solution cause here, in my country i do not need this, whenever the situation ask, i can (and i did a lot times) overturn mountains, i am not a coward and i will never be in front of nobody. I can be extremely diplomatic (wich sometimes is some kind of a mistake) but also can take out the sord if the situation ask. Of course, i do not think that this will happen here with samsung but at least i will convince miself for that.

jeriz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotu View Post
Hmm! I think that this is true for a normal situation, when the brick is happening rarely, just here and there, for weeks we are out of this scenario. Not blame to samsung (though we should) nor held responsible..., but at least triggering a signal alarm, make it public and puting theme to work for future software release and devices..., Or at least we should try!
But we know absolutely nothing about how common bricking is for the normal non xda user and if bricking is only common amongst flasaholics there is little to no chance of Samsung even replying to such complaints and the general public could not care less I'm afraid