Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[baseband/radio update tutorial] how to update g2x to the july 15 baseband

Tip us?

xali
Old
(Last edited by xali; 5th November 2011 at 01:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I used win7 with no problems. updated my post anyways though. tell me what else i should change

also that guide you qouted, although it is the same as what I posted (i found it minutes later after i posted this LOL) it's purpose is to reset your phone to stock and a much easier way to do so is
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1248644

if you already have the apx drivers installed, all you have to do is take out battery hold vol keys plub in usb let go keys and then run the bat

i've softbricked my phone multiple times

also is very difficult to hard brick this phone the nvflash apparently works on a very low level. the only problem is when you think you have have an o2x from wind and flash the wrong baseband. THEN your method (and my same method) will fix it

not to mention that the only difference in that and this guide is that that one requires you to flash to stock recovery. is why I asked later if it was required. someone confirm/deny!
(if you tried it and it worked plz post what you used. if it didn't work plz post the problem)

byt3b0mb
Old
Thanks Meter 36
i have a question - i updated one of my g2x with the lg mobile update tool, and the other with this method - why in the hell does the KDZ flasher only work with an internet connection if we have the firmware file?

xali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Because the kdz flasher is actually the LG tool but just striped down or something. Remember that no one has been able to reverse engineer or figure out how to interact with the baseband thus far. I'm not even sure that the kdz file is a rom lol.

You used both tools? What happened for u? The LG tool refused to work and said I was already updated for me

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
im a noob that likes to help
plz make sure my help is actually helpful

xali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vn00914361 View Post
I'm stuck at GetPhoneType. It keeps requiring me to Restart. Been trying so many time already. Still stuck here...
Are u still stuck? What happened exactly

vn00914361
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by xali View Post
Are u still stuck? What happened exactly

Well I'm using windows 7 as well. Everything just stops at that step. This is so weird. The LG Updating Tool can't even get the model of my phone either. So weird

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Current Device: Nexus 4 E960 & Google Nexus 7
Current Kernels: Faux's & Metallice's mr1

xali
Old
(Last edited by xali; 6th November 2011 at 07:37 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
With further forum lurking I think the problem is when on win7 u don't have drivers and the tool starts doing weird stuff

So install as many relevemt drivers as you can... or you know just find XP and install the basic LG drivers in first post and then try

Also try different USB port and reboot phone
Also mckenzie sure USB developer or something is on

vn00914361
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by xali View Post
With further forum lurking I think the problem is when on win7 u don't have drivers and the tool starts doing weird stuff

So install as many relevemt drivers as you can... or you know just find XP and install the basic LG drivers in first post and then try

Also try different USB port and reboot phone
Also mckenzie sure USB developer or something is on

Been using adb to do stuff with my phone for a really long time already. I'm positive that I include all the drivers needed for my phone. This phone is actually running on July 15 baseband. I'm just trying to "redo" it and see how it goes. Trying to figure out a better way to enhance my batteries after switching

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Current Device: Nexus 4 E960 & Google Nexus 7
Current Kernels: Faux's & Metallice's mr1

kaldak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is it advisable to update the baseband this way if you're using a carrier other than T-Mobile? When I looked at what the LG updater tool had for my carrier (videotron), the latest update had... I think a may baseband.

Basically, can a newer baseband than your carrier expects you to have screw stuff up?

LurkerRWO
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I am trying to install the new baseband from a win7 computer. I know its up in the air if it will even work, but I thought I would test it and see what happens.

Everything is going smooth so far, but when I click "upgrade start" in the read phone information dialog box I get the error

"Please install CSMG B2C client TOOL Select Tool -> B2C Client Setup menu."

Did a little searching but all I found was some russian thread about the o2x and some jerk spammed a thread with this problem and was threatened with a banning

Any ideas about this? Pretty sure I have all the drivers installed and actually I just found out I get this error even when my phone IS NOT plugged into the pc. What the Eff?

daweeze02
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I tried this for hours last night on my Tmobile G2x with a March baseband. The reasoon is my GPS takes sometimes 10 minutes to lock on. I have tried the GPS fix where you edit the GPS file and it didn't work, as well as a GPS fix from marketplace. Anyways I have all the drivers installed(WIN7)but the LG updater tool gets to 30% but fails communicating with my phone. I flashed back to the stock rom from the dev section to no avail as well. Should I nvflash back and try it that way? Oh and after going from CM7 to stock the GPS still didn't work.