Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v3.0 [ EL29 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]

Tip us?

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 16127
Wouldn't you know it, upgraded to 3.0 and my GPS won't lock LOL.
Tried fasterfix and a couple of different modems. Guess I'll flash back to 2.9.2 to see if GPS works there first since its the easiest thing to do and I'll report back.

dafluke24
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
Wouldn't you know it, upgraded to 3.0 and my GPS won't lock LOL.
Tried fasterfix and a couple of different modems. Guess I'll flash back to 2.9.2 to see if GPS works there first since its the easiest thing to do and I'll report back.
you know, that's the first thing I do after flashing a rom. I run outside and try to get a GPS lock lol All the other stuff is put aside until I get solid lock. Good luck. GPS on 3.0 worked for me right off the bat.

Toonlinkmaster25
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Is there a way to check each call duration in the call logs because I can't find it? I if not can this be implemented?

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch on Calc's GB ROM
-TLM25-
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint
ROM: C-ROM

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 16127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonlinkmaster25 View Post
Is there a way to check each call duration in the call logs because I can't find it? I if not can this be implemented?
There are plenty of third party apps that will do this. It is not a feature of the embedded android Gingerbread OS.
Edit: Poor choice of words. I meant it's not a feature I've ever seen embedded.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafluke24 View Post
you know, that's the first thing I do after flashing a rom. I run outside and try to get a GPS lock lol All the other stuff is put aside until I get solid lock. Good luck. GPS on 3.0 worked for me right off the bat.
You know, I think it may be my Waze navigation app also. Somebody just posted that theirs isn't working either.
Anyone know how to use the app GPS Status? I think it's locking but I have no idea how to read it unless it's supposed to generate an error if the gps can't lock.

dafluke24
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Anyone know how to use the app GPS Status? I think it's locking but I have no idea how to read it unless it's supposed to generate an error if the gps can't lock.
I think once you get locked, it'll show how many satellites you're locked on. That's how I use it. I also use GPS test and it does the same thing but shows the satellites in a bar graph. Then I just use Google maps and try to GPS my position right there. It'll start off with like 1500 meters, so I just exit out and go back in and see if it gets more accurate.

Make sure you turn off wifi if you're connected to a router. I've notice when I'm on wifi, Google maps keeps the accuracy at 20 meters and not closer. Without wifi and just on 3g/gps, i can get an accurate reading of 6-8 meters.
The Following User Says Thank You to dafluke24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 16127
Quote:
I think once you get locked, it'll show how many satellites you're locked on. That's how I use it. I also use GPS test and it does the same thing but shows the satellites in a bar graph. Then I just use Google maps and try to GPS my position right there. It'll start off with like 1500 meters, so I just exit out and go back in and see if it gets more accurate.

Make sure you turn off wifi if you're connected to a router. I've notice when I'm on wifi, Google maps keeps the accuracy at 20 meters and not closer. Without wifi and just on 3g/gps, i can get an accurate reading of 6-8 meters.
Ok perfect. Yes, my GPS is fine. I guess the Waze network is down. I really hope it's a temporary thing, it's such a cool nav app. I had to rely on my regular car GPS today .

centro714
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinganomaly View Post
For a great list of safe apps to remove, download (this link is on the OP):

http://www.buildarom.com/E4GT/Calkul..._E4GT_v2.0.zip

Open it with 7-zip then open the Remove apps with Notepad++ or something similar. It is a great list of apps that are safe to remove. You can even edit it to remove all the apps that you want while leaving the rest.

(7-zip and notepad++ are windows applications.)

edit: s9amme beat me to it also this link lists all the removed apks without needing to download open with notepad.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23374943
I just installed using the link you provided.

Everything looks great except how do I get the clock back? Or is there another clock you guys recommend?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
LG G2 - Sprint

dafluke24
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Ok perfect. Yes, my GPS is fine. I guess the Waze network is down. I really hope it's a temporary thing, it's such a cool nav app. I had to rely on my regular car GPS today .
what's wrong with the built in google nav app? Or even Telenav? I haven't touched my regular gps since I got this phone back in Nov lol

driftinganomaly
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by centro714 View Post
I just installed using the link you provided.

Everything looks great except how do I get the clock back? Or is there another clock you guys recommend?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Any and all removed apps can be found in "/sdcard/Removed_Apps"

To push them back to system apps, you will have to push them to the system folder using adb or root explorer or something else of that type. There are a lot of clocks available, though. So if you are unwilling to do the research, a new clock may be easiest. Clocks are not a priority for me, so I am not in the know as far as comparable or better clocks but if you search these forums, I am sure that you will find a lot of information.

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 16127
Quote:
what's wrong with the built in google nav app? Or even Telenav? I haven't touched my regular gps since I got this phone back in Nov lol
Don't get me wrong, Telenav and Google are ok but once I used Waze for a few days, it's pretty amazing. The voice interface is better, and so many people are using it that you get realtime traffic, police, accidents announced to you as you're coming up to them.

The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
email