5,593,793 Members 43,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v3.0 [ EL29 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]

Tip us?
 
tdunham
Old
#10231  
tdunham's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13799
Posts: 7,033
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TampaBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibrwr View Post
I had to move Blazer ROM's MMS.apk to /system/apps to get lower compression and better picture messages. Anyone else seeing small MMS file sizes?
I only do an occasional MMS so enlighten me to what you've observed because I've never seen any issues. Well, other than the normal picture resizing if I try to send a photo through MMS because they are pretty large files.
For instance, I sent myself a picture and it was showing 558kb outgoing and incoming.
I guess we should know if the problem is specific to certain carriers too. I know that Sprint used to shrink the crap out of MMS messages when I had a windows mobile phone.

Edit: I mean, I want to see if I can duplicate your issue to see if I can.
 
Nannuq
Old
#10232  
Nannuq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 127
Join Date: Jul 2010
Flashed v3 right over 2.9.1 this last weekend. Updated prl and profile. Had a few Fc's so fixed permissions and bam almost a week and buttery smooth no fc's and getting around 12 hours per charge based on my personal usage habits.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
 
PanchoPlanet
Old
(Last edited by PanchoPlanet; 5th April 2012 at 02:16 PM.) Reason: warning.
#10233  
PanchoPlanet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 576
Posts: 2,102
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Crooklyn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys71 View Post
I flashed it EXACTLY as I flash any other rom.

reboot to recovery. select install from sd card select the rom click go.

uprading from 2.8 to 3.0 nothing else special needs to be done.

once that is done I run the bare rom converter (modded to leave golauncher)

done. exactly as per instructions. VERY unstable. the VERY FIRST time a calukin rom was unstable for me. previous to 3.0 his roms have been 100% ROCK SOLID awesome.

OK figured maybe something did not go right or maybe something I installed is incompatible with some change in 3.0

SO I reboot into recovery again this time I go all in I run the format all.

then run the install and do NOT run bare rom converter just format all and 3.0

same instability.

I run the same process again this time install NO third party apps save whats included with the rom.

Still unstable.

I reboot into recovery. format all install 2.8

Rock Solid Stable. zero issues at all.

to me this means "something" was hinky with 3.0 for some reason. not saying its calukin that screwed up (afterall this is a rom HE RUNS on his own phone so clearly it works for him)

but what more can I do after multiple format alls using his own utilities? not sure.

no big deal for me. I go back to 2.8 (no special reason its just the last one I had installed) and will wait for the next revision and see if that takes care of the glitches.

3.0 was the FIRST time I had GPS issues. at first gps was solid no issues instant lock. after about 12 hours it just got worse and worse till the next day when it REFUSE flat out to get a lock. it would see a "single" sat and not strong enough to lock.

I thought maybe it was the new FC24 modem so I flashed back to the previous modem NO effect.

when I flashed back to 2.8 (with fc 24) instant lock zero issues. its been days still zero issues on 2.8.

again. no big deal. for "whatever" reason 3.0 does not jive with my hardware. will just wait for the next one.
Corrupted download? Try re-downloading Calk's 3.0, and reflash with wipe all first. Make a B/U of current 2.8, if any problems just restore 2.8.

PS. Delete last Calk 3.0 Rom from your phone before installing new d/l of 3.0.

Pp.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergrafxxx View Post
Anybody else experiencing their Play Store switching back to the old Market?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Try clearing data and cashe for play store/ market, delete play store/ market then download fresh Play store and install. This may resolve your issue. It's worked for me in the past with other apps.

Pp.
The Following User Says Thank You to PanchoPlanet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Moebius01
Old
#10234  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 68
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergrafxxx View Post
Anybody else experiencing their Play Store switching back to the old Market?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Only the first boot after flashing. After that I got the update notice from Market that it was becoming play, and everything updated. Is yours staying as the old market even after logging into it?
 
dr2i4ve
Old
(Last edited by dr2i4ve; 5th April 2012 at 02:57 PM.)
#10235  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 33
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3g3nd.k1ll4h View Post
Dude the one that needs to chill out is you.. no one trying to be a "internet bad ass" I'm just saying that instead just blaming the developer for errors people should just look around for solutions and not flame the thread... I'm sorry but I disagree with you on " Every phone has a different environment and variables." If that was to be the case about half of the people flashing a custom rom would brick.. don't get butt hurt and start crying now... its all good bro we are a community and were all here to help each other...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
I understand this is a community, 'bro'. That's why users post to this thread. And then you come out and lash at everyone saying they're dumbasses if they can't get it working. Rather hypocritical.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr2i4ve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nibrwr
Old
(Last edited by nibrwr; 5th April 2012 at 06:52 PM.)
#10236  
nibrwr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 285
Posts: 1,343
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
I only do an occasional MMS so enlighten me to what you've observed because I've never seen any issues. Well, other than the normal picture resizing if I try to send a photo through MMS because they are pretty large files.
For instance, I sent myself a picture and it was showing 558kb outgoing and incoming.
I guess we should know if the problem is specific to certain carriers too. I know that Sprint used to shrink the crap out of MMS messages when I had a windows mobile phone.

Edit: I mean, I want to see if I can duplicate your issue to see if I can.
If I send an MMS with Calk's ROM, the picture is 78K. Using Blazer's MMS.apk, it's 500+K. I've tried pushing older versions of Calk's ROM's MMS.apk, and they don't work either
iPhone -> iPhone 3GS -> HTC Evo 4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> LG Nexus 4 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -> iPhone 5 -> LG Nexus 5
 
rondietz1
Old
#10237  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 197
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3g3nd.k1ll4h View Post
I really don't understand all the people that have nothing but bad feedback for this ROM... People there is nothing wrong with 3.0. On the contrerary it is smooth and fast as fu**... if you guys are experiencing lags, errors, crashes, etc. Then YOU guys are doing something wrong... either you guys are not wiping something or just fu**ing up one way or another... if YOU guys don't know how to flash properly go to YouTube search for QBKING77 and check out his videos.. he shows ALOT of tutorials... and if that doesn't help then get the fu** out of deving your android phone and go get an iPhone you should fit right in... guys but seriously Calks is one of the best devs here in the E4GT forum.. instead of crying like pussys try to figure out what went wrong.. BTW I highly recommend fresh installs for all roms and PLEASE if your one of those people that just blame the devs for your own mistakes then please stop being lazy and create your own ROM I'm pretty sure yours should rock.. hahahaha....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Just remember that if in the future you have any type of problem with anything, even the slightest hicup, then by your logic YOU must be doing something wrong, and I wouldn't expect help from any of the people you just insulted. Pure ignorance in a statement like that, you could check thousands of the exact phones with the same roms, and I would be shocked if any two users had the exact same setups. I personally don't see anyone bad mouthing the developer, this is a forum for an experiment rom, and if I'm not mistaken, it is everyones feedback that keeps it moving forward and constantly evolving and improving. If that isn't your impression of this forum, maybe you should be looking elsewhere and quit wasting your time with us ignorant folk!
The Following User Says Thank You to rondietz1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nibrwr
Old
(Last edited by nibrwr; 5th April 2012 at 07:18 PM.)
#10238  
nibrwr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 285
Posts: 1,343
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kansas
Edit: works now.

I'm having problems updating profile too. I thought that'd help with the MMS thing... FD02 modem and 1.4.1 Gunslinger kernel. Ideas? TIA
iPhone -> iPhone 3GS -> HTC Evo 4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> LG Nexus 4 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -> iPhone 5 -> LG Nexus 5
 
jb8301
Old
#10239  
jb8301's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 334
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Is anyone on 3.0 noticing their background data turning itself back on by itself when you turn it off? This has happened a few times today..kinda weird.
 
rondietz1
Old
#10240  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 197
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibrwr View Post
I'm having problems updating profile too. I thought that'd help with the MMS thing... FD02 modem and 1.4.1 Gunslinger kernel. Ideas? TIA
Also just tried updating PRL and Profile also, crashed, and I'm on 2.9.2, so my guess would be trouble on their end. I'll try again later.

Tags
email
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes