Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Synergy v0.10 [CK3+, Autogrouping, OC, UV, BFQ, BLN, OTG]

Tip us?

JaylanPHNX
Old
Thanks Meter 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr. X- View Post
the only change i had made from 0.03.x to 0.05.X was the change of the second core being dynamic, and replaced a binary to achieve this.

nothing that would turn whole root into half root. I dont seem to be having any root issues as well as others, so far i think you two may be the only two in this situation. there must be something like in your setups.

What roms are you guys running?
Stock Tmobile. Maybe I should try a different one. What's good?

Sent from my beastly Galaxy S 2.

-Mr. X-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX View Post
Stock Tmobile. Maybe I should try a different one. What's good?

any of the custom roms here would be whole root. find one you think you will enjoy
If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to Donate it's appreciated, but not required!

Pit_Viper
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using the stock ROM. I think that one or two others mentioned having problems with SetCPU, but they may not have noticed the "half root" part.

Quote:
the only change i had made from 0.03.x to 0.05.X was the change of the second core being dynamic, and replaced a binary to achieve this.

nothing that would turn whole root into half root. I dont seem to be having any root issues as well as others, so far i think you two may be the only two in this situation. there must be something like in your setups.

What roms are you guys running?

JaylanPHNX
Old
Thanks Meter 1192
Well I flashed Bombardier and my half root is fixed, Set CPU works. Stock Tmobile ROM may be the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to JaylanPHNX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Mr. X-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX View Post
Well I flashed Bombardier and my half root is fixed, Set CPU works. Stock Tmobile ROM may be the issue.

alot of time on a stok rom users will find they get half rooted.

Im actually workong on a tock rom based off the telus rom with a few minor tweaks for people who want to keep it simple.
If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

pychobj2001
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
go look at the first post, there is v0.05.5 in there that has massive undervolts, smartassv2 added back and i forget what else lol
I see the source file, but can you flash that? and do you do it via odin PDA slot? do u you have a flashable 0.05.5 i wanna see how much if i my phone can handle a massive undervolt
Current Phone and Tablet: LG G3: Stock 4.4.2 / Nexus 10: Slimrom 4.4.4

Previous Phones w/ Favorite Roms:
Nexus 5: Slimrom 4.4.4 / Nexus 4: Carbon / SGS3: ROM Carbon 4.2.1 / SGSII: ROM - AOKP 4.1 / G2X: ROM - AOKP 4.1 / Vibrant: AOKP 4.1 / G1: ROM - 2.3.4 - COS-DS / Juno: ROM - WM6.5

fenrry
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm getting a runaround of the things I need to check before going and rooting, on this regard I wonder, does it only work on SetCpu?, no way using "No frills"?

-Mr. X-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pychobj2001 View Post
I see the source file, but can you flash that? and do you do it via odin PDA slot? do u you have a flashable 0.05.5 i wanna see how much if i my phone can handle a massive undervolt
flash v0.05.2 the source i uploaded is the same but i added in some cpu schedulers that i haven't finished yet so i haven't enabled them

-Mr. X-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrry View Post
I'm getting a runaround of the things I need to check before going and rooting, on this regard I wonder, does it only work on SetCpu?, no way using "No frills"?
you dont need setcpu, you can flash and go. set cpu is if you want to overclock

The Following User Says Thank You to -Mr. X- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fenrry
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
you dont need setcpu, you can flash and go. set cpu is if you want to overclock
Yup, that's my question about, I mean the kernel itself for what I see does improve the way the phone works but if I was to overclock then is Setcpu the only way, no chance to use No-frills?