Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Help with my bootloop galaxy s 4g!!!!

OP jfreshh330

5th November 2011, 01:36 AM   |  #1  
jfreshh330's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Ok so i have a samsung galaxy s 4g and i tried to update my firmware from 2.2 froyo to 2.3.4 and i messed up along the way somehow and my phone got bricked. i tried odin many times and i cant get into recovery mode, ive tried the 3 button combo but i can get into download mode. when i power up my phone the screen goes white then says "vibrant SAMSUNG" then goes back to white then back to the vibrant screen. It wont boot up. I have tried the jig also, maybe i need different .pit files and .rar files? i dont know please help!
5th November 2011, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 12
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreshh330

Ok so i have a samsung galaxy s 4g and i tried to update my firmware from 2.2 froyo to 2.3.4 and i messed up along the way somehow and my phone got bricked. i tried odin many times and i cant get into recovery mode, ive tried the 3 button combo but i can get into download mode. when i power up my phone the screen goes white then says "vibrant SAMSUNG" then goes back to white then back to the vibrant screen. It wont boot up. I have tried the jig also, maybe i need different .pit files and .rar files? i dont know please help!

You have a Vibrant. What's your model #?
5th November 2011, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
jfreshh330's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
no i have t-mobile its the samsung galaxy s 4g but its T959V but i was messing with odin and now it shows up as the vibrant screen
5th November 2011, 02:01 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 12
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreshh330

no i have t-mobile its the samsung galaxy s 4g but its T959V but i was messing with odin and now it shows up as the vibrant screen

You flashed the wrong bootloaders. What bootloaders are you trying to flash?


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1223765 Use this tutorial. It's easy and self explanatory.
Last edited by thegoo; 5th November 2011 at 02:04 AM.
5th November 2011, 02:07 AM   |  #5  
jfreshh330's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
i flash a .pit file and a .rar file ins the PDA section, i have never flashed a bootloader
5th November 2011, 02:33 AM   |  #6  
stephen_w's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 286
 
1,177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreshh330

i flash a .pit file and a .rar file ins the PDA section, i have never flashed a bootloader

The boot loaders generally get flashed with the PDA file (I think).

Go grab chadster's KG4 ROM here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1183413

- Put CODE_T959VUVKG4_CL1385158_REV00_user_low_noship.ta r.md5 into PDA
- Put hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit into PIT
- Put SGH-T959V-CSC-TMB-VIBRANTP.tar.md5 into CSC
- Put T959VUVKG4-Phone-CL1037720.tar.md5 into Phone

Don't mess with any of the check boxes, and flash.
6th November 2011, 01:33 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoo

You flashed the wrong bootloaders. What bootloaders are you trying to flash?


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1223765 Use this tutorial. It's easy and self explanatory.

this works wonders try it do exactly wut he say and ull get a normal bootloader with cwm and root

btw download mode is volume + and - then plug USB in not + / - and power
12th April 2012, 08:22 AM   |  #8  
jdbruton23's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
where can i get those files?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_w

The boot loaders generally get flashed with the PDA file (I think).

Go grab chadster's KG4 ROM here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1183413

- Put CODE_T959VUVKG4_CL1385158_REV00_user_low_noship.ta r.md5 into PDA
- Put hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit into PIT
- Put SGH-T959V-CSC-TMB-VIBRANTP.tar.md5 into CSC
- Put T959VUVKG4-Phone-CL1037720.tar.md5 into Phone

Don't mess with any of the check boxes, and flash.

where can i download those files?
12th April 2012, 02:36 PM   |  #9  
lumin30's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,174
 
2,204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
In the OP of the link in the linked thread about the file names. What are you trying to do? That is an old thread before the KJ6 One-Click?
12th April 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #10  
jdbruton23's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumin30

In the OP of the link in the linked thread about the file names. What are you trying to do? That is an old thread before the KJ6 One-Click?

fix my phone lol, i bricked it i believe. its stuck on the samsung galaxy screen and wont load past that and cant even get it into recovery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, bricked, galaxy, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes