[MOD] Hacked Gingerbread Camera.apk - updated 5/14/12
This is the Droid Charge Gingerbread Camera.apk with the following modifications:
* Sharpness set to +2 by default--use Camera-5-14-12.apk or Camera-with-2-sharpness.zip. dwitherell had a better idea for how to do this so that doesn't leave the sharpness stuck at +2, so I've updated the attachment to use his instead (thanks!) (added 5/14/12)
* Does not show in call warning--use Camera.apk or Camera-with-normal-sharpness.apk (added 12/20/11)
* Does not show battery warning on <= 15% battery (added 11/6/11)
* Shutter can be activated with either the power button or the search button (although you need to press pause or stop manually in the camcorder) (added 11/6/11)
* You must be running a deodexed Gingerbread Droid Charge ROM. If you have a /system/app/Camera.odex file, you are not running a deodexed ROM, and will need to flash a different one or deodex your ROM before using this mod.
1. Back up your Camera.apk by moving it to /system/app/Camera.apk.bak
2. Push one of the attached Camera files to /system/app/Camera.apk with adb or download and copy it there with RootExplorer or ROM Toolbox
Alternatively, flash one of the attached CWM ZIP files from recovery. Thanks to dwitherell for the empty flashable ZIP file, since I could never get them to work correctly when I created them myself.
To use a different version of this mod or revert to the original, download the desired file, rename it to Camera.apk, and then follow the installation instructions above
Known to work on
Pretty much every Gingerbread (Android 2.3.6) ROM. It is included in Tweaked/TweakStock and InfinityROM.
Feel free to click the "Thanks" button if you like my work