Where is the magical Samsung NFC Battery?

Search This thread

alex72

@Coak5 Please post picture of a battery cover alone and describe what you did to the top and bottom of it to properly fit. So, is there any "breathing" in the center of the cover because you removed side hooks? Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
Shave the side buffers off including the lips...you want the sides to be flat as possible like the stock OEM battery 1650 mAh battery cover it came with. Then you have to carefully shave the bottom left and right hooks vertically half way. It'll fit on but not perfectly but good enough.

Reactions: alex72

bahamutfan64

Oct 22, 2011
Could anyone please tell me if the battery mentioned in post #54 works for the 777, as no one has actually commented on this as of yet (to my knowledge). Thanks a lot!

phatalbert1000

Jul 19, 2007
Kentucky
Could anyone please tell me if the battery mentioned in post #54 works for the 777, as no one has actually commented on this as of yet (to my knowledge). Thanks a lot!

I emailed the seller to ask if the battery was the Korean NFC version (cover needs Modding) or the international version (no cover mods necessary but potential boot loops). He was uncertain but did mention they are a European import (although the pictures say NFC).

Reactions: bahamutfan64

tltan86

Jun 30, 2011
19 March 2012

Just received my NFC battery recently from ExportPrive (EB-K1A2EBEGSTD) but tested with Z-DeviceTest with no luck. Like what I have said previously, I am not sure if Z-DeviceTest is able to test NFC built-in on battery? Any advice?

Refer to attached pictures.

=========================== Edited ===========================

4 March 2012

Hi all, from all the posts earlier, I believe the 2000 mAh deal is genuine, but what about the NFC? Does it work?

To anyone that have the NFC version, can you test with Z-DeviceTest to verify and report your findings? (I'm not sure if Z-DeviceTest able to detect NFC on battery though.)

You can find Z-DeviceTest on Android Market. (Sorry, I do not have sufficient posts to paste any URLs)

Thanks much! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-19-22-29-43a.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-19-22-29-43a.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 185
  • CameraZOOM-20120319224017745a.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20120319224017745a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
G

GuestD2553

am also interested as just had my phone replaced as other one had a bit of a fall and they have replaced the handset with this NFC version.

so my existing extended battery cover wont fit it pops out all time in the corner.

now i have shaved off all the little vertical plastic lines but it still wont fit snug so what can i do to get it to fit.

surely they made a extended NFC battery and cover as i cant seem find the NFC battery covers anywhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're ok with the added thickness just get the Skyrocket, then you get a slightly bigger battery, LTE (where available), bigger screen, etc. There are lots of threads here saying how it's not better. AT&T is a business, they're pushing the new phone because it is better (read: new features, etc). I think the SGSII on ATT will prove to be about the shortest product cycle of any phone ever offered. With Nexus Prime right around the corner, the GSII is going to look like yesterday's news. I know you don't LIKE that, but it's reality. You didn't really think it was going to be the "best" phone for long when ATT didn't pick it up until it was already almost 10 months old, did you?

:)
    So I ended up modding the hell out of the back door the came with the Korean NFC 2000 mAh battery and finally got it to fit. I paired it up with the SGP Neo Hybrid EX Soul Black case and the phone looks bad ass now. Here are some pics.
    2011-12-14031834.jpg

2011-12-14031745.jpg
    Shave the side buffers off including the lips...you want the sides to be flat as possible like the stock OEM battery 1650 mAh battery cover it came with. Then you have to carefully shave the bottom left and right hooks vertically half way. It'll fit on but not perfectly but good enough.

I emailed the seller to ask if the battery was the Korean NFC version (cover needs Modding) or the international version (no cover mods necessary but potential boot loops). He was uncertain but did mention they are a European import (although the pictures say NFC).