Post Reply

[ROM]Nocturnal Xplod INC2 Android 2.3.7 AOSP

OP Team-Nocturnal

5th March 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #151  
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 75
 
619 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Id love to use this too...as long as netflix works.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
5th March 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #152  
Metroba's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I have been using this rom on/off for months now. One of my favorites to date. Some tweaks I would really love to see:

- Battery icon mods in the status bar. I really like the circle one with the percentage in the center of it (a la ICS). I know different themes, different battery mods but I am too in love with the ICS theme.
- The status bar icons fit closer together
- Ability to change status bar icon colors

I also, second the center clock feature derickmc mentioned.

Very excited to see the new update!
Last edited by Metroba; 5th March 2012 at 06:25 PM.
5th March 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #153  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Okay so I see this ROM, but other than the "theming", what is a compelling reason to use this over CM7.2 kangs, etc? Does this use the stock CM kernel? Does this offer any custom tweaks that allow it to be interesting than a vanilla 7.2 kang? More importantly, is this going to be re-synced to the newest source?

Just wondering...thanks!
5th March 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #154  
Metroba's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma70ent

Okay so I see this ROM, but other than the "theming", what is a compelling reason to use this over CM7.2 kangs, etc? Does this use the stock CM kernel? Does this offer any custom tweaks that allow it to be interesting than a vanilla 7.2 kang? More importantly, is this going to be re-synced to the newest source?

Just wondering...thanks!

Pure awesomeness - nough sed
5th March 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #155  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroba

Pure awesomeness - nough sed

It's nice that you like it, but it doesn't really say much for someone who hasn't used it before.
5th March 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #156  
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 75
 
619 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma70ent

It's nice that you like it, but it doesn't really say much for someone who hasn't used it before.

I believe the differences are quoted in the first and second post.

I havent tried this ROM in ages...mostly because the kernels for Inc2 AOSP left a lot to be desired.

I recently found a good aeroevan kernel that didnt have the multitouch bug (v7 and lower) that also didnt mess up calls and such.

When this ROM is updated ill try it out again with that kernel - I really miss AOSP from my Inc1.
5th March 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #157  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincbtrar

I believe the differences are quoted in the first and second post.

I havent tried this ROM in ages...mostly because the kernels for Inc2 AOSP left a lot to be desired.

I recently found a good aeroevan kernel that didnt have the multitouch bug (v7 and lower) that also didnt mess up calls and such.

When this ROM is updated ill try it out again with that kernel - I really miss AOSP from my Inc1.

First post seems to state this as the "what's good":

-Stable
-Fast
-New market 9/21/2011
-Latest SuperUser
-Latest Titanium Backup 9/20/2011

I see nothing in the second post. Anyways, yes, the aeroevan kernels are good for anything based on CM 7.1 but assuming this guy is going to re-sync to update the source, your only option is 0.8 from what I remember.

EDIT: Anyways, my suggestions for this ROM would be the following....

#1. Fix all of those bugs in the bug tracker (assuming that bug tracker has been around and unfixed for awhile)
#2. Re-sync to the newest source (CM 7.2 "official" release is coming soon I hear)
#3. Pre-install a nice kernel....preferably their own if they can afford to do it/have the skills to do it....otherwise, Aeroevans 0.8 CFS kernel. CFS seems to work better for our keyboards, and Aeroevans kernel fixes the volume of phone calls.
Last edited by ma70ent; 5th March 2012 at 09:11 PM.
5th March 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #158  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
339 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
This rom uses the xperia launcher, which mostly works, and it is a really interesting take on aosp. It has a few features similar to sense. I am a fan of sense, and this ROM is the only aosp rom that I would run for an extended period of time.

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk
6th March 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #159  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Xperia launcher? Sounds interesting. I think that is an app that costs money, right?
6th March 2012, 01:59 AM   |  #160  
prenedo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma70ent

Xperia launcher? Sounds interesting. I think that is an app that costs money, right?

Xperia is a phone... The Sony PlayStation phone. I don't think its available in the market.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to prenedo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Droid Incredible 2 Android Development by ThreadRank