Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] I9100 ROM Hellraiser for I777 (Alpha 0.3.1, 12/3/2011) [BUGS/DEV ONLY]

Tip us?

kikex76
Old
(Last edited by kikex76; 24th February 2012 at 05:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Default Hallraiser Mod port to other phones?

Hi Entropi. What are the chances of porting this great mod to other phones? I guess this is something that have to be done by Kernel devs. Would you offer some guidance on how to do it? Can it be done? How long it took you do this mod?
I think it would be the least hardest way to get international roms and mods to work on other phones. Maybe you can offer a paid app for this mod on the market, or, is against Android Terms and Conditions or whatever crap. Can you do this on android emulators? Just trying to have a clear idea of what can be possibly done. Thanks man.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****x76 View Post
Hi Entropi. What are the chances of porting this great mod to other phones? I guess this is something that have to be done by Kernel devs. Would you offer some guidance on how to do it? Can it be done? How long it took you do this mod?
I think it would be the least hardest way to get international roms and mods to work on other phones. Maybe you can offer a paid app for this mod on the market, or, is against Android Terms and Conditions or whatever crap. Can you do this on android emulators? Just trying to have a clear idea of what can be possibly done. Thanks man.
The process is highly device-specific.

For example, Infuse Hellraiser swaps out a LOT more than I777 Hellraiser does - https://github.com/LinuxBozo/hellraiser/commits/master (This was the initial Hellraiser concept by LinuxBozo)

All of I777 Hellraiser's mods are documented in the commits of the git repo - https://github.com/Entropy512/hellra...commits/master - For I777, the modifications were far less invasive than I9000 Hellraiser for Infuse, it was, simply put, easier due to less differences in hardware.

In the case of the Galaxy Player 5.0 - The only thing needed to change between international and USA firmwares is a kernel swap.

It really depends on the differences between the devices firmware is being ported to/from. The more different the devices, the harder it is and the less likelihood of success. Some things aren't automatically portable at all - for example, while I can automate the wifi region fixes (for 5 GHz operation) when I have the time, fixing NFC NDEF tapping can only be done by decompiling an APK and then re-signing framework-res.apk along with a bunch of other APKs in /system.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

kikex76
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Thank you so much for the info. I'm on my last year of Network Security and feal that I made I big mistake for not choosing Programming. I'm not even paying attention to school for this stuff. Damn addiction. I'm gonna take a couple basic courses just to get me started. Any suggestions on how to start making or editing kernels?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

fakhri
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Hi, Entropy!
I tryed to Hellraise rom UHLB2, but no luck. Unfochunately audio not working.
Ather rom like XWLA4, XILA3 working fine. Rom UHLB2 interface very nice looking.
I loved that. Can You explain what is problem/
Thank You.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakhri View Post
Hi, Entropy!
I tryed to Hellraise rom UHLB2, but no luck. Unfochunately audio not working.
Ather rom like XWLA4, XILA3 working fine. Rom UHLB2 interface very nice looking.
I loved that. Can You explain what is problem/
Thank You.
No clue, haven't looked at UHLB2 yet - partly because I usually ignore anything that isn't XX or XW - Anything else has a high risk of carrier branding/carrier mangling.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiLChris06
Old
Thanks Meter 1281
Anyone got a mirror to this?
Lost the file and download links are down.

Dev-host is having problems again, same thing happen to my rom but came back eventually.

ryude
Old
Thanks Meter 643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLChris06 View Post
Anyone got a mirror to this?
Lost the file and download links are down.

Dev-host is having problems again, same thing happen to my rom but came back eventually.
Try android-files.com
Current phone: LG Nexus 5

Previous phones
Iphone 3G > T-Mobile G1 > Samsung Captivate > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy SII> Nokia Lumia 920 > HTC 8X > Sony Xperia ZL

LiLChris06
Old
Thanks Meter 1281
Yea I got it earlier today, here it is on dropbox in case.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20447007/Ker...Alpha0.3.1.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to LiLChris06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sam1forever
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLChris06 View Post
Yea I got it earlier today, here it is on dropbox in case.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20447007/Ker...Alpha0.3.1.zip
Is there by chance if this hellraiser can make this rom work? [ROM][XWLS8 4.1.2][08/02] Chameleon v3.0.1 Samsung/AOKP hybrid

I been trying to figure out on how to have it run smoothly without the System UI crashing or closing.

Tags
i777, i9100, port, rom