Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ballistic HC case screen protecter

Tip us?

Aussti
Old
(Last edited by Aussti; 8th November 2011 at 12:59 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Ballistic HC case screen protecter

I bought the ballistic BC case and I love it. Except for the screen protector. It got scratched and really blurry and it really ruined the amazing quality of the infuses screen. So I applied a regular screen protector (pack of three from Walmart for 10 bucks) and popped out the built in case protector easily by pushing on the edges and then put the case back on and now I must say that I am back to liking the case. And I am most likley going to dremel off the little Red bar behind the camera because it gives my pictures a red tint to it. I was skeptical at first but now its all good.
(Edit)Does anyone else get this when they take a picture with flash?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

^the top three made by me, bottom one is a modified banner^
The Following User Says Thank You to Aussti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Truckerglenn
Old
Thanks Meter 472
Location: 01001111 01110101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01010011 01110000 01100001 01100011 01100101
Thought about what to do if and when mine got too damaged. Good idea.

Cranky...
Ported JW8 v2 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme

Every question that I answer, I've learned by reading, searching and trying.

My first Computer was an Atari 800. I taught myself Basic and ML on that computer.
Yup, this is what I looked like when
I was learning about computers.

bbayless
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default screen idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussti View Post

I bought the ballistic BC case and I love it. Except for the screen protector. It got scratched and really blurry and it really ruined the amazing quality of the infuses screen. So I applied a regular screen protector (pack of three from Walmart for 10 bucks) and popped out the built in case protector easily by pushing on the edges and then put the case back on and now I must say that I am back to liking the case. And I am most likley going to dremel off the little Red bar behind the camera because it gives my pictures a red tint to it. I was skeptical at first but now its all good.
(Edit)Does anyone else get this when they take a picture with flash?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

so why do you even want a screen protector? The glass is scratch resistant and off course the screen looks so much better without it.

dotpkmdot
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbayless View Post
so why do you even want a screen protector? The glass is scratch resistant and off course the screen looks so much better without it.
Because scratch resistant doesn't mean it will never get scratched. Even with just light use there are ever so slight scratch marks near the top of my phone.

Justinfedor
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I have no scratches on my screen. Even after taking a key to it lol. Anyways what i came in here for was to say i had the ballistic case and the proximity sensor part was messing with my phone. Took it back and got a refund. Gonna go back to the otterbox just because of the quality and the ease of using the buttons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

qualnd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinfedor View Post
I have no scratches on my screen. Even after taking a key to it lol. Anyways what i came in here for was to say i had the ballistic case and the proximity sensor part was messing with my phone. Took it back and got a refund. Gonna go back to the otterbox just because of the quality and the ease of using the buttons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
get the SC case ive had one for about 2 weeks now and it works perfect no problems with it messing with the sensor or anything its not as big as the HC case it like the perfect size and i think it looks better it dosent have a built in screen protector but no need for it anyway

heres a link where u can buy it for like half the price
http://www.thecellguru.com/Products/32675
Samsung Infuse
*Powered By the Lighting of ZEUS 5.2*
-----------------------------------------
HTC Aria>Sold for 25$ LOL
HTC Tilt 2>DEMOLISHED-TRASHED
HTC FUZE>Cardboard box in my closet
Blackberry Pearl Flip>Burried in a sand box
Blackberry Curve 8330>Bottom of a Swamp

scottx .
Old
Thanks Meter 775
I have the same case and I removed the built in protector not long after getting it. It just takes away from the beauty of the screen.

Are there any good ones that don't take away from the luxury of the nice screen?
Google Nexus 5 (16gb, hammerhead (D820(H) (rev_11)))
Google Nexus 4 (16gb, mako (rev_11))
Google Nexus 7 (2013) (16gb, flo)
LG G2 (32gb, D-801)

M. Scott @ Google Play. (Zooper Skins)

Erik_T
Old
Thanks Meter 409
I have that same case.. I love the belt clip holder. And no. I don't have that problem. And I take a good amount of pictures. I hope that dremel fixes your problems.

And as you said.. those Walmart screen protectors worked fine? There's not any give on the front part that clips in? It seems like there would be more than usual because it is a lot thinner of a protector? (for everyone that doesn't have one it's a fairly sheet thick of pllastic)

And if you are coming here thinking of getting one, I will share my experiences with you. The case is made up of a hard plastic that is a .... well let's just say it's really hard to take off. Not impossible but especially that first time. This makes battery pulls harder. Sometimes you can get around it by killing the phone by holding the power for 6 or so seconds and then hitting the volume keys at the right time but it doesn't always work. The outer layer that comes on the case is nice and bulky. If you think that you will be sticking it in your pocket with this layer you got another thing coming. It's a very sticky plastic which makes it very hard to pull out of a pocket. It works very well with the case holder though. A rather obnoxious thing is there is slits around the base layer that the case slides into. The top two and the bottom two tend to come undone very easily. They always seem to slide out which is annoying. It's doesn't exactly make it feel like the case is going to come off but annoying. The only way that you can keep it in your pocket is if you don't have that layer on which decreases the protection. It feels VERY solid when you have the extra layer on and rather secure when you don't. It's also a little rough on the hands around the edges so if you have soft girly hands then you might want to looks else wards towards a pretty smooth case. But if you are a man and work in something tough or just aren't sure where you will drop it, this is the case for you. (Have never used otterbox..). But that is NOT to say that this case is by any means perfect. I had this problem where it felt like the vibration inside the case was going to rattle the phone to pieces.. that was kind of unnerving but I got used to it after a while. Then when on vacation I hopped onto a hotel bed, my right hip landing on the bed and the hip belt holder BROKE! I wasn't very happy because I was busy and couldn't go to ATT but it would no longer hold my phone. After all these problems I took it back to ATT where they quickly traded out the case for a new one.. I had my receipt of course.. I THINK they used it? Not positive. I have had this new case for 2 or so month have jumped onto my own bed and haven't broken it. It's also worth mentioning that at ATT they mentioned something about a one-time exchange policy. one coworker to another which means I can't break it again within my one year time frame. D: This is a bummer because I went through 3 ipod touches in one year. Let's say I realized just how much water was in my life... And finally if you are still reading this thanks, I didn't mean to make it so lengthy. In conclusion, it's a good case, pricy but protects it well. It's dropped a few times and I haven't really thought twice, because it's "designed to survive life".. just don't jump on a hotel bed.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App[/QUOTE]

Aussti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I just went ahead and switched to my SG case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

^the top three made by me, bottom one is a modified banner^