Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Samsung Focus S full review with comparisons to Focus! (Videos will come)

Tip us?

Seed 2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj71 View Post
Wow, The S-Amoled Plus screen makes a big difference in the Eli Manning Photos
The Focus has a screen protector on it, and that could make a difference.

bennyj71
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed 2.0 View Post
The Focus has a screen protector on it, and that could make a difference.
Maybe,but the picture on the Focus is pixalated. Would a screen protector cause that?

Andrmgic
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj71 View Post
Maybe,but the picture on the Focus is pixalated. Would a screen protector cause that?
That would be the pen-tile matrix of the Super AMOLED display.. it has fewer sub-pixels than the Super AMOLED Plus display in the Focus S.

Notice how the text is blurrier in the Focus pictures? (look at the marketplace picture in particular)

here's a good comparison (not the focus.. but galaxy S and S II.. which use the same kind of screen as the focus and the focus S respectively)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Super...d-back_id18700

suua
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I think thay should made the Focus S a bit more like the original Focus. in my opinion the design of the original Focus is great.
Anyway a good phone
LG beast(G2) AOSP

AnyMal
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Were there any cases for Focus S in stores? I do not see any listed on AT&T site and I can not buy a phone without a case.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by suua View Post
I think thay should made the Focus S a bit more like the original Focus. in my opinion the design of the original Focus is great.
Anyway a good phone
The only thing that irks me is the location of the USB port. While in car I keep my phone docked and having the car charger plugged in on top makes my phone physically unstable.
~Flavor of the day: Lumia 900~
~Couch Potato: iPad 2 3G 64GB~
~Road Warrior: 2012 13" Macbook Air~

bmstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 309
None of you has used a SGS2? The Focus S is almost a direct external copy of the international/AT&T version. There's a reason Samsung has sold as many as they have in so short a time. Far superior to the Onmia/Focus/Flash.

Poughkeepsie125
Old
Thanks Meter 9
No, there were no cases in stock and none listed in the ATT system.

nanoware
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thought I was on reddit for a second here, with the AMA =D

Sent from my T7575 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

webbstar842
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Trust me, this thing is diesel...reception is ridiculous...im loving how fast 4g is..if u liked ur focus, this is for you, as it's a much bigger upgrade than I had anticipated..i mean, those who have wp7 already know how fluid the os was/is with the 1st generation phones...so it was hard to imagine that they could run noticeably faster....well, they can. And, it's noticeable

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Samsung Focus S
Nook Color running Cy7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 unlocked, unrooted 32gb

kwill
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Nice!! I took my brother to get a new phone yesterday and after him playing with the iphone, HTC Vivid (which is actually REALLY nice) and the Focus S, he finally settled on the Focus S. He asked a few pointed questions about each and myself and the rep gave him honest answers without much bias (despite both the rep and already owning the HD7 and HD7S). My brother makes up his own mind regardless of input and was really impressed with overall look of the OS and how smooth it was. And the phone was SO thin he said with such a huge screen!! It almost made me switch back to ATT, but figured I'd wait for what I've been waiting on a little longer (the Titan), before I decide. Overall impressions though were it's a really great phone, buttons are perfect in all aspects and it's the lightest and thinnest 4.3 in device out. If you dont want the Titan, get the Focus S for sure.
Lumia 920 - Dev Unlocked
Nokia Lumia 900 - Sold
HTC Titan - Sold
HTC HD7 - Fully Unlocked