{Rom} {GalnetMIUI 2.11.26} {ICS 4.0.1} {11-26-11}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saltytostitos

Jul 3, 2007
Temple, TX
My take so far

Camera works lot better than in the other thread. No FC and the lag I experienced on the other release is gone. Smooth camera action. Smooth system operation, smooth as butter on conservative!

No freezing on mounting SD Card.

restore from previous MIUI b/u didn't introduce any problems I could find in MIUI itself.

Some apps will not run I assume with ICS changes.

Thanks for the digital clock widget!

I guess now I have to try to find a way to get my signal below -110db.

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Only the kernel is from CM7. I have not had any issues so far from using CM7 kernel. Once their is an at&t MIUI ICS kernel or at&t CM7 ICS I will update the rom. This is not google ICS. This is MIUI ICS. The apps and framework are different but it is based on ICS 4.0.1.

Ok that makes sense to me now. I may have to try this Rom when it goes through a few versions.

DaUnderSheriff

Aug 18, 2009
Seattle
LOL. It's MIUI running on Android 4.*.* framework. Not sure what else people expect to see that's so different. When we get some cooks that are based off of an unofficial (or official) release from Google or any of the carriers, than you'll see something that isn't inherently like what MIUI is - a very customized skin running on top of Android. I just loaded it up so I'll provide feedback after I've played around with it. I for one am happy to try the first taste of ICS, no matter how it's skinned. :)

techn

May 19, 2011
Houston Tx
www.undergroundmod.com
WoW was thinking i would wake-up to this but i get to play around with it before i got to bed awesome.

Okay i flashed right over the other version everything working fine had one FC from a app other than that made a few calls test the voice, drive around for a bit to test out the gps tracking, Camera App is outstanding, i got a lil lower score on Antutu 6054 @ 1.4, i dont have a blue tooth head set so i couldn't test call out from that the rom feel very stable.

Last edited:

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
LOL. It's MIUI running on Android 4.*.* framework. Not sure what else people expect to see that's so different. When we get some cooks that are based off of an unofficial (or official) release from Google or any of the carriers, than you'll see something that isn't inherently like what MIUI is - a very customized skin running on top of Android. I just loaded it up so I'll provide feedback after I've played around with it. I for one am happy to try the first taste of ICS, no matter how it's skinned. :)

I am also glad to be able to see the benefits ICS. This rom is running better for me then the MIUI 10.11.4 2.3.7 rom and it beats the iphone 4gs in browser tests now. I am sure the updates will roll out fast. I will keep the rom updated.

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
Running excellent for me so far! Miui backup manager works great for easily getting all your apps back, then using it to restore desktop. Couldn't be much more painless to install a new rom and set it up in minutes.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

vijovame

Jun 27, 2005
Running excellent for me so far! Miui backup manager works great for easily getting all your apps back, then using it to restore desktop. Couldn't be much more painless to install a new rom and set it up in minutes.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

Same great experience here!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
couple screenshots of my miui, lol

Attachments

• shot_000004.jpg
    shot_000004.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,167
  • shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 864
  • shot_000008.jpg
    shot_000008.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 821
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GalnetMIUI 2.11.26 ICS 4.0.1 For AT&T SGS II.

MIUI 2.11.26 ICS {11-26-11}
    -Created rom using galnetmiui 2.11.26 ICS & CM7 20
    -Edited build.prop
    -Fixed home & search buttons
    -Fixed Audio issue
    -Added Nexus Prime Boot Animation
    -Added Rom Manager
    -Removed FM Radio
    -Removed MIUI Updater

How to Install for existing MIUI users
    Backup your phone
    Reboot into recovery with rom manager
    Do NOT wipe & install Galnet MIUI 2.11.26
    If you have issues use the new users method

How to Install for new users
    Backup your phone
    Wipe and install MIUI 1.11.25
    Boot MIUI 1.11.25 one time
    Reboot into recovery with rom manager
    Do NOT wipe & install Galnet MIUI 2.11.26

No Service Fix
    Already Included

Credits: Shep211, Designgears, Bmarko82, Pvillasuso, Galnet, lttldvl, GalnetMIUI Team, MIUI Team & Cyanogenmod Team.

pic111.jpg

content_line2.jpg

content_line3.gif

content_line4.jpg

content_line8.jpg

content_line5.jpg

content_line81.jpg

content_line82.jpg

Old Roms

Change Log for Galnetmiui 1.11.2 ICS Rom

GalnetMIUI ICS Development Version 1.11.2 for i9000, i9100, and i897 available to test!
    That right!

Android 4.0 merged with MIUI is now real!!!

This is a massive change in the game as far as MIUI goes, and we are proud to be able to bring it to you. For the sake of changelogs, we have included a changelog that highlights the differences from our current set of releases:

- Brand new Framework (Android 4.0 Merged)
    - Fixes to MUTE/NONE for notifications etc fixed
    - Fixes to theme issues (FC's reported on some installs)
    - Speed Improvements including Ram and CPU management
    - FM Radio Corrected frequency issues
    - Camera Issues (Low light etc Resolved and Auto Focus)
    - Additional Fixes
    - All apps now work correctly (as compared to the 1.11.1 Groupie release)
    - New Android Market version 3.3.11 included

PLEASE NOTE!!

THIS IS CURRENTLY A DEVELOPMENT BUILD!!!! PLEASE EXPECT THERE TO BE ISSUES WITH THE ROM!!!!

Also, this rom contains NO ICS UI ELEMENTS, so please don't be disappointed when the rom looks nothing like what you expect it to be.

But outside of all of this, we would like to welcome you to the world of ICS powered GalnetMIUI, and hope you enjoy the taster that we have released!

The roms can be found in our Downloads section!

http://www.galnetmiui.co.uk/landing...9000-i9100-and-i897-available-to-test!/page14

Change Log for Galnetmiui 1.11.7 ICS Rom

GalnetMIUI ICS version 1.11.7 available for download!
    Galnet MIUI ICS is our experimental builds for the Ice Cream Sandwich framework being introduced into MIUI. These builds don’t look any different, however they do come with some of the ICS benefits such as power management and ram management.

ICS 1.11.7 Change Log

Network Modifications:

Improved Signal Strength over all supported devices
    Fixes to prevent "No Service Bug" on certain I9100 handsets
    Added a script to flash K14 modem on I9100(I put in are modem)
    Correct management of 3G and 2G selections ( Error being on certain models that it wouldn’t work perviously )

Framework Modifications:

Correct management of ICS framework requirements
    Fixed occastions where Android Process would crash (required reboot to resolve)
    Power management fully implemented from ICS
    Repair to Sensor management in Debug mode

UI Improvements

Improved 3D support throughout rom (All Devices)
    Correct issues where lockscreen clock would randomly freeze (Defy)
    Improved camera response (Shutter) speeds
    4 Way Reboot Included

Downloads are available from the main site due to the recent downloads system causing issues for quite a lot of people.

Change Log for Galnetmiui ICS 2.11.26

Galnet MIUI ICS is our experimental builds for the Ice Cream Sandwich framework being introduced into MIUI. These builds don’t look any different, however they do come with some of the ICS benefits such as power management and ram management.

Network Modifications:

Corrected Signal Strength Readings in Status
    Improved network power consumption
    Framework Modifications:

Implemented ICS sensor management
    Improved power consumption whilst sleeping
    Correctly implemented debugging settings via ADB
    Fixed issues with Tethering cutting out mid way through large transfers
    HW Acceleration Included (Browser, Video, Games etc)
    Android Market (Scroll via images leading to FC fixed)
    Improvement in Galnet Video Player playback
    UI Improvements

Implemented Extended Settings
    Implemented 4 Way Reboot
    Added ICS lockscreen to default theme
    Added ICS transaction effects
    Improved Sharpness and Display quality on I9000 and I9100 builds
    Added ICS Keyboard with Vibration Settings
    OTHER INFORMATION

The battery calibration will kick in straight away once flashing this rom, therefore you will find that the battery drains quicker than before. Please allow it to drain to around 5% before recharging fully back to 100% for the perfect calibration.
    Updater may FC on first boot, don’t worry about it, as it will work correctly once this occurs.
    Phone call recording (This is something that we won’t support due to legal issues within the UK, please don’t expect it).
    To fix the black screen at the start of a call
    Go to settings
    Programs
    Call settings
    Answer settings
    Turn off enforce proximity sensors
    (New build 2.11.26 seems that turning on works intead off)
    The proximity sensors will still work after changing the setting
    Reboot

Benchmark with 1.6 Ghz overclock, stable!

20111026_125017.jpg

20111107_041735.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
    Yeah it's obvious you keep your mouth shut w\ nothing to say with those WHOPPING 29 posts and 0 thanks. Seriously, if you don't want to read about issues and solutions people find, you ought to stick with stock rom.

Do you think they go from 1.11.2 to 1.11.7 to 1.11.9 for the hell of it? No, they do it to fix issues that are brought up in the community, like this forum? If you want to be a fanboy, there's a good forum for you at forums.macrumors.com that you can chastise anyone who say anything about the king almighty being great. That's not how things work here.

You're new, we all can see that, but at least take the time to realize that just because YOU are not experiencing the same glitch, doesn't mean that it's 100% perfect. Clearly you've not been around long if you're criticizing people in a development forum. Get lost or adjust your attitude, because your post contributed nothing to this topic.

Yo, Calm your ****. This isn't up for discussion. He was making a statement, for you to bug out the way you are is simply uncalled for. You don't to have 1,000 Posts to know what you are talking about. I've been in the community for the last 3 years but JUST created an account when I got an Atrix. Now I'm helping people day to day, learning many new things with my new found time and knowledge. Chances are you had a bad flash, flashed the wrong rom, flashed an out dated rom, have a bad download, or didnt do any of the steps correctly to get the rom working as it should. I can vouch for this guy in the previous post to this one that I have yet to have any of the problems you explain. This rom is almost perfect, Yeah, I get a few FCs now and again but I get that worse with stock rom.

For real though, This is a development thread, try redownloading the rom, flashing again, with a clean wipe, and then come back. Ringtone bugs are know of in this rom, and have apparently been fixed in 11.11.11, However our friendly neighborhood dev of rom has been away for sometime and has yet to update it. Let's not forget he does this for free, along with the Galent team, I dont expect an update, only hope and wish for one. You should feel the same way, so let's stick to the facts. Let's have no one get cocky and keep this all developement related so we can have the best experience possible. :) Not have shep read all this nonsense.

Thank you so much Shep, You work is greatly appreciated here buddy. Love your work and love your ROM. Just want to help out in places I can. :)

Nailed. :)

Please guys.. Keep the school yard antics elsewhere.... This is a dev thread. Keep it that way.
    Thread cleaned.