Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Printing from the Galaxy Note

OP Gaugerer

7th November 2011, 10:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101

758 posts
Has anyone tried printing directly from the Galaxy Note to a Samsung WI-FI printer using the Samsung Mobile Print application for I need to print aircraft boarding passes and emails? If so, which Samsung model printer did you use?

Many Thanks
7th November 2011, 01:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

758 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous572

I'm using Printer Share. Works perfect with my HP LaserJet 1200.

Thanks for your reply. But I thought you needed to have an Internet connection to use Printer Share. Can you print directly to the HP LaserJet 1200 printer from the Galaxy Note without involving networking?
Last edited by Gaugerer; 7th November 2011 at 01:57 PM.
7th November 2011, 01:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
More
Quote:

I'm using Printer Share. Works perfect with my HP LaserJet 1200.

I have the same printer. Is yours networked?
7th November 2011, 04:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mstislavl
Thanks Meter: 429

889 posts
No need for internet connection, works via wifi, with usb connected and shared on Windows 7 (computer and Note connected in the same router). Should work with all network shared printers.
7th November 2011, 05:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

758 posts
Quote:

No need for internet connection, works via wifi, with usb connected and shared on Windows 7 (computer and Note connected in the same router). Should work with all network shared printers.

Thanks for more information. However, I want to print directly from the Note to a printer with no other hardware involved. That is why I am looking at the Samsung solution, but I would like to hear from anyone who has managed it before I buy a Samsung wireless printer.
8th November 2011, 12:26 AM   |  #6  
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
Thanks Meter: 68

644 posts
I have a Wifi printer: EPSON Stylus Office BX30FW.
This weekend a friend tested to print on it under ANDROID (It was not a Note) and It works!

There is a free app from EPSON . It works with Ios and Android. Sorry, I can't remember the name but you can browse it if interested.
8th November 2011, 02:49 PM   |  #7  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5

99 posts
Epson Brother and HP all have apps. Check to make sure your printer is supported. HP seems to do the most.
8th November 2011, 02:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

758 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere

I have a Wifi printer: EPSON Stylus Office BX30FW.
This weekend a friend tested to print on it under ANDROID (It was not a Note) and It works!

There is a free app from EPSON . It works with Ios and Android. Sorry, I can't remember the name but you can browse it if interested.

Thanks for that useful information. It is good to know that other printer manufacturers are supporting Android.
Last edited by Gaugerer; 8th November 2011 at 02:55 PM.
8th November 2011, 03:56 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

758 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammermedia

Epson Brother and HP all have apps. Check to make sure your printer is supported. HP seems to do the most.

Thanks for your useful reply. I've checked the Android Market and there is an Epson Application which supports a wide range of Epson printers and gets good review scores.
8th November 2011, 05:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
There is an app for Samsung as well: https://market.android.com/details?i...xlcHJpbnQiXQ..

"Samsung MobilePrint is a free application which enables to print photos, documents and web pages directly from your smartphone and tablet. The application also enables scanning document to your mobile device directly."

It seems to support a lot of Samsung printers.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread