Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Development] CyanogenMod porting

Tip us?

eBug
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GR]Frostbyte View Post
Recovery bootloops were adressed by flashing a bootloader thingy from odin, I guess. Look back a few pages and you'll find the solution.
Overall I'd suggest keeping arco's CWM, since he said that it has correct partition info. Plus, its required, but not limited, for CM9. You use it as a normal recovery, because that's what it is.
As I said in a previous post, I can't use Odin, so I can't fix the recovery bootloop with that bootloader. Hence my idea of flashing first cm9 recovery, then cm9, then flashing back a non-bootloop pre-cm9 recovery. My question is whether I need cm9 recovery to actually _boot_ cm9 or whether it's only needed to _flash_ cm9.

[GR]Frostbyte
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBug View Post
As I said in a previous post, I can't use Odin, so I can't fix the recovery bootloop with that bootloader. Hence my idea of flashing first cm9 recovery, then cm9, then flashing back a non-bootloop pre-cm9 recovery. My question is whether I need cm9 recovery to actually _boot_ cm9 or whether it's only needed to _flash_ cm9.
I don't think you need it to boot it. As the recovery is in a separate partition than the system. But I guess you'd still need it to apply CM9's updates.
Why you can't use odin? Can't get into download mode? As for a PC I assume you have a usb port

arco68
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19109

DONATE TO ME
FYI, I'm not quitting. I never said I was. Our phones are enough similar, so any stuff I might fix or improve on the Galaxy W, most likely will be beneficial for this phone as well.
Haters gonna hate

~$ git revert
746865696e7465726e6574

GitHub
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to arco68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomi555
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Come to the dark side...buy sgs+, we will help you, it has super AMOLED you know

R341M@N
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBug View Post
Is that recovery needed only to flash the cm9 or is it needed to boot cm9 too?
Since I experience recovery bootloops with that recovery my idea is to:

flash cm9 recovery -> flash cm9 -> flash previous recovery1.

Would that be ok?
Yes it's will be ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to R341M@N For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bikeaholics
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Huawei honoriert and Sony experia arc s official ics are out maybe some Parts are useable or give some help to unverständlich drivers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bikeaholics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Klarostorix
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaholics View Post
Huawei honoriert and Sony experia arc s official ics are out maybe some Parts are useable or give some help to unverständlich drivers

You use SwiftKey keyboard with auto-correction? ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Plus using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klarostorix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goorek
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I would like to use swiftkey as well, but I have the same problem - cant turn ON only only gsm alphabet, and every message with Polish chars are only 60-70 chars long. Can we fix it somehow?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

bikeaholics
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarostorix View Post
You use SwiftKey keyboard with auto-correction? ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Plus using Tapatalk
You are right. And if you dont look what you are typing it will get you and other crazy

_strauch_
Old
Thanks Meter 59
One thing i had with the last 2.3.6 from Samsung too. In the battery menu is no wireless lan with a percent value of battery usage. Anyone knows why. In the diagram is the wireless lan.

Von meinem Smartphone gesendet

Tags
4.0.4, arco, arco&sky=sgs+ dreamteam, arco-fangroup, arco68 rules, badger badger badger mushroom, best in the world, cm7, cm9, cm9 by arco68, cm9 for sgs+, cyanogenmod, each new tag represents a justin bieber fan, i want to add a tag, ics, ics mods, ics recovery, king arco, king of spam thread, make camera working ;d, manbearpig, we love arco