[Development] CyanogenMod porting

OP YardE

18th March 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #451  
Thanks Meter: 1,192

1,939 posts
Guys guys, stop hijacking YardE's thread, it's only for cm7 porting, let sky and yarde update it whenever they have something new, for all other links and questions use the general sections, this thread is polluted enough already.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #452  
Flag Mölln S-H
Thanks Meter: 8

111 posts
More
are there any news about the mod ?
29th March 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #453  
Flag münster
Thanks Meter: 85

193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gezze

are there any news about the mod ?

Yarde is still busy with his studies and Skywalker will create an own thread most probably in april
31st March 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #454  
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 37

35 posts
More
After some hour of work, I successfully built a CM7 rom using the YardE's code from his github repo.

Let me take a bit of familiarity with this stuff, so I can help you to make this port. Hopefully.

BTW, Skywalker's repo on github looks more different than YardE's repo. On which one are you guys working ATM? Do we've two different ports?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bashlnx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #455  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 294

768 posts
More
Currently Skywalker01 is active there's no sign of yarde, so i think you better use skywalker's repo.
31st March 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #456  
Thanks Meter: 641

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashlnx

After some hour of work, I successfully built a CM7 rom using the YardE's code from his github repo.

Congratulations on that ! If it also actually boots you are only the third one who has accomplished that for the i9001 to my best knowledge. That's including YardE and myself

Quote:

Let me take a bit of familiarity with this stuff, so I can help you to make this port. Hopefully.

Actually I don't understand "Let me take a bit of familiarity", can you explain what you mean by that ?

Quote:

BTW, Skywalker's repo on github looks more different than YardE's repo.

And it's even more different on my local system because it's a quite old state there on github

Quote:

On which one are you guys working ATM?

On none I guess. YardE was inactive for more than a month now, don't know if he even surrendered the project. manveru0 has quit i9001 development nearly 3 months ago. And I paused the CM7 development about 2 weeks ago in favor of my SkyHigh kernel development and a one week trip abroad. And I am not aware of any other experienced coder in i9001 development and that's the skill level you will need at least to succeed in porting an AOSP ROM to our phone IMHO.

Quote:

Do we've two different ports?

Oh yes, YardE tried the classic way and was stuck with audio. Maybe you can solve the mystery why the gingerbread sources don't work on our device.

I had the same problem and went for a complete other solution. I tried to backport the ics audio sources to gingerbread since CM9 audio works on the i8150. Actually I succeeded to a certain degree which means you can hear some sound on my unpublished CM7 prealpha built. But this hybrid android source was merged and modified in numerous source files creating more problems than solving so I still think it is no good idea to publish anything of that. OpenSLES isn't ported at all yet, camera wasn't working at all and I needed a whole week just to make the front camera work. Back camera (webcam) and video camera still not working and much more problems. So it seems to become an endless project. Maybe I have to abandon the hybrid approach after all and try to find out why the original gingerbread audio libraries don't work on the i9001 and how samsung modified them in their stock ROMs. Of course Samsung didn't release any sources for that (and the camera and so on) claiming it contains copyrighted proprietary techniques.
Last edited by skywalker01; 31st March 2012 at 07:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #457  
Flag HR 8938 Cephei
Thanks Meter: 132

305 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker01

I had the same problem and went for a complete other solution. I tried to backport the ics audio sources to gingerbread since CM9 audio works on the i8150. Actually I succeeded to a certain degree which means you can hear some sound on my unpublished CM7 prealpha built. But this hybrid android source was merged and modified in numerous source files creating more problems than solving so I still think it is no good idea to publish anything of that. OpenSLES isn't ported at all yet, camera wasn't working at all and I needed a whole week just to make the front camera work. Back camera (webcam) and video camera still not working and much more problems. So it seems to become an endless project. Maybe I have to abandon the hybrid approach after all and try to find out why the original gingerbread audio libraries don't work on the i9001 and how samsung modified them in their stock ROMs. Of course Samsung didn't release any sources for that (and the camera and so on) claiming it contains copyrighted proprietary techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcampogiani

As new member I can't post to i9001 Android Development.

Some days ago I wrote an email to arco89, the guy working on CM9 for the samsung galaxy W (as you can see here).

So, this is the mail and his reply : http://cl.ly/0M38230k0e2P2d1R3S17

Skywalker01, Mite be a good time now to ask Arco89 if he would like to help?
(That quote is extracted from the i9001 general thread)

Also, Hope you had a good holiday!
31st March 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #458  
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 37

35 posts
More
Quote:

Actually I don't understand "Let me take a bit of familiarity", can you explain what you mean by that ?

I built it, but I didn't try it on my phone yet.
I'm new to the Android ambient, but I'm very familiar to the *nix systems. So, I hope to learn quickly how it works.

Quote:

Oh yes, YardE tried the classic way and was stuck with audio. Maybe you can solve the mystery why the gingerbread sources don't work on our device.

Ok! I'll try to make the audio working in the YardE rom then. Though, I'm a bit discouraged because you did prefer to start a new solution instead of fix it. Maybe I'm more lucky
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bashlnx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #459  
Thanks Meter: 641

247 posts
Quote:

I built it, but I didn't try it on my phone yet.
I'm new to the Android ambient, but I'm very familiar to the *nix systems. So, I hope to learn quickly how it works.

That was my state also when I started with the project

Quote:

Ok! I'll try to make the audio working in the YardE rom then. Though, I'm a bit discouraged because you did prefer to start a new solution instead of fix it. Maybe I'm more lucky

Well, to be honest I didn't prefer that. It was just logical: I was compelled to a different approach due to the hopelessness. All attempts of YardE and myself to fix the gingerbread sources miserably failed

But hopefully you can find the crucial fix that we overlooked
The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #460  
Flag Stargard
Thanks Meter: 32

208 posts
More
There would be easier to port from arco68 CM9? I've just officially released the test version http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1576874. Samsung galaxy W is "same" like S+ only other screen. Yes?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, arco, arco&sky=sgs+ dreamteam, arco-fangroup, arco68 rules, badger badger badger mushroom, best in the world, cm7, cm9, cm9 by arco68, cm9 for sgs+, cyanogenmod, each new tag represents a justin bieber fan, i want to add a tag, ics, ics mods, ics recovery, king arco, king of spam thread, make camera working ;d, manbearpig, we love arco
Previous Thread Next Thread