Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][Market link] TouchScreenTune (Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue)-UPDATED_2!

Tip us?

siggehandf
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Ding ding ding... We have a winner. That setting did wonders for the handwriting. Think it works perfectly now with Supernote.

vitalij
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack04 View Post
That sounds big. Have you tried writing with a stylus? Full-speed stylus handwriting on the GT10 is pretty much the holy grail for touchscreen improvements. Anyone who can make that happen will certainly get a beer from me... or two... (that is, once my GT10 comes back from being serviced!)
Try move hyst=0 and movfilter=40, and don't forget about beer

Just tried this settings with super note, difference is enourmous. Btw I have applied setting in build props as well, but not sure if it makes difference.

Enjoy your handwriting now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitalij For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siggehandf
Old
Thanks Meter 9
My stock had a build.prop setting of 75 btw. It's a 7500 with nordic firmware.

Sagui
Old
(Last edited by Sagui; 8th November 2011 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaahsabi View Post
Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...
I have never done build.prop settings, any reference for a How-To? Does it involve recompiling a Kernel?

EDIT: Figured it out! ES FIle Manager (with root explorer option enabled) in /system/build.prop. TEsting now!
Btw. movfilter option tweaking helps a lot too!

siggehandf
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have to say that the touchscreen is working near perfectly now. Really like night and day on the tab.!

wlighter
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Wow.. the event per sec really make a massive different... I'm using 300 now. A reboot is required after the edit...

Sagui
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have been finger painting in SuperNotes for 30 minutes with various settings with both the build prop edit (150 to 300) and touchscreentune (Move hyst=0, movfilter=30) and I have to say, the difference is HUGE!

I went from not being able to read the scribbles to almost pen-and-paper quality. At this point the limiting factor is the fact that I didn't bring my stylus with me.

My current settings: per_sec = 300, touchscreentune move hyst=0 and movfilter=30.

Try these against yours and see how they compare. If yours are better, please post them!

siggehandf
Old
Thanks Meter 9
What does movfilter do? I wonder....

vitalij
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggehandf View Post
What does movfilter do? I wonder....
It filters out very small and fast movements - you can try for yourself: return to default setting and move finger in test area very fast in small distances like 5mm. You'll see that circle indicating reported finger position doesn't move at all.

vitalij
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagui View Post
I have been finger painting in SuperNotes for 30 minutes with various settings with both the build prop edit (150 to 300) and touchscreentune (Move hyst=0, movfilter=30) and I have to say, the difference is HUGE!

I went from not being able to read the scribbles to almost pen-and-paper quality. At this point the limiting factor is the fact that I didn't bring my stylus with me.

My current settings: per_sec = 300, touchscreentune move hyst=0 and movfilter=30.

Try these against yours and see how they compare. If yours are better, please post them!
Btw your setting of 30 is wrong, try 40 and you'll see

The Following User Says Thank You to vitalij For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]