5,598,233 Members 47,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Newb guide to unlocking HBOOT 1.16.0000 and 2.00+ and flashing a custom ROM

Tip us?

azin_83
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question help

hello.
i have incredible s , months ago i checked for update and updated my phone using wi-fi,but now i see that it goes to S-ON,before update it was s-off and the version was 1.16.000.
hboot version is 1.16.0000 .any body know how can i swith it to s-on?

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by azin_83 View Post
hello.
i have incredible s , months ago i checked for update and updated my phone using wi-fi,but now i see that it goes to S-ON,before update it was s-off and the version was 1.16.000.
hboot version is 1.16.0000 .any body know how can i swith it to s-on?
Since you now have HBOOT 1.16.0000, then you will have to use the Downgrade tool.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1373697

jhon101
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Bricked I guess.

I have the boot loader unlocked successfully and also that I have the HBOOT version 2.00.00
I did as you said and now it's just stuck. won't boot into cyanogen mod. Although the clockwordmod was installed successfuly cus I can see it.
Help me out.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

previously, I mentioned, my HBOOT version is 2.00.000 and I successfuly installed clockword mod as well as unlocked the bootloader.
Now, when I tried installing cm7, it said successful and when I tried booting into it, it just shows the htc boot up screen and that's it. Now when I tried restoring the previously made backup, it shows the same thing. The 'htc' screen and that's it. What do I do?
is it bricked?

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon101 View Post
I have the boot loader unlocked successfully and also that I have the HBOOT version 2.00.00
I did as you said and now it's just stuck. won't boot into cyanogen mod. Although the clockwordmod was installed successfuly cus I can see it.
Help me out.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

previously, I mentioned, my HBOOT version is 2.00.000 and I successfuly installed clockword mod as well as unlocked the bootloader.
Now, when I tried installing cm7, it said successful and when I tried booting into it, it just shows the htc boot up screen and that's it. Now when I tried restoring the previously made backup, it shows the same thing. The 'htc' screen and that's it. What do I do?
is it bricked?
No it is not bricked. When you try to flash a custom ROM with HBOOT 1.16/2.00 you need to manually extract the boot.img file from within the Rom's zip file and flash it manually in FASTBOOT USB mode.

Search the forum for the procedure.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpbklake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhon101
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default thank you so much

Holy Sh** man! this did work. Thanks a lot dude! oh and what am I supposed to do to get my previous rom back?

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon101 View Post
Holy Sh** man! this did work. Thanks a lot dude! oh and what am I supposed to do to get my previous rom back?
Didn't you do a nandroid backup in CWM before you flashed CM7?

If not, there is a stock, rooted version of the Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 RUU in the Dev section that you flash from CWM.

fux93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i already have the S off but the phone still not rooted, can any 1 teach me how to root it?

Nonverbose
Old
Thanks Meter 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by fux93 View Post
i already have the S off but the phone still not rooted, can any 1 teach me how to root it?
Flash a custom Rom.
Phone: Incredible S s-off
Hboot: Revolutionary
Recovery: 4EXT touch
Kernel: Redux
Radio: 3831.18.00.28_M

HcNguyen111
Old
(Last edited by HcNguyen111; 6th March 2012 at 02:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I want to do this but don't want to lose the data on my phone. Is there anyway to backup EVERYTHING before doing this and losing everything?

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HcNguyen111 View Post
I want to do this but don't want to lose the data on my phone. Is there anyway to backup EVERYTHING before doing this and losing everything?
No not everything. Your best bet is either Titanuim Backup or MyBackup.