Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*7/13/12*- FIX YOUR LG Revolution VS910 Firmware V4,V6,V7,V8, V9 W/ Instructions

Tip us?
 
vorgon8tor
Old
#131  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Dakota
Great job. Helped me unbrick my lg revo.
 
shad0wman
Old
#132  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2009
I tried installing both v7 and v8 and got this error

upgrade_masterbin

cause bad response

any idea?
 
chewbacchi
Old
#133  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phoenix
jackpot08,
I just wanted to say "Thank you very much".
I am a long time lurker, have moderated an Eris forum when I had that a couple years ago, but never post anymore, as you can see.
This thread helped me finally take the step to begin playing around with my Revo, and move into newer ROMs and get off my forgotten by VZW Revo ROM I was still stuck with.
Anyway, Thanks!

My experience:
I am on Win7 Home Premium 64bit
The only hiccup was Registering the DLL-->
I changed the UAC as another person posted in the first couple pages here-->
That worked.
The rest of the process was exactly as you explained, and I am now running ZV7.
This is a stepping stone to get me into mtmichaelson's ROMs and CWM.

Thanks.


Marc
 
Haxcid
Old
#134  
Haxcid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 532
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ventura
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wman View Post
I tried installing both v7 and v8 and got this error

upgrade_masterbin

cause bad response

any idea?
Does the software list your phone information on the right side?

Also is the phone connected as Internet Mode with Debugging on?
The above are general comments and statements and are not of any value to the discussion at hand. The author takes no liability for any of it be it true or pure fiction.

VZW LG G2
Stock ROM 12b
Paid Subsidized price and kept unlimited data...
 
silver03wrx
Old
#135  
silver03wrx's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2688
Posts: 3,314
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: westminster maryland

 
DONATE TO ME
DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM THE MINUS LINKS IN THE OP. takes about 7 hours. seriously. minus should be shut down. why not use dev-host ? it allows like 10 times faster download speed. as opposed to 7 hours at 15kbps.


anyway after 2 days of searching here i have a link for the tot files that lets you download at over 600 kbps. go here LG Revolution


and i have had the lg revo for awhile . im a developer. have been developing for the galaxy note . and galaxy s2 skyrocket. but there just dev devices. the revo is my actuall phone/ and im kind of dissapointed to see no dev activity on this forum. so ill be building some roms/. from the new zv9 update. soon. probobly release one monday. please dont bug for eta. but as i said most likely monday. also going to look into geting some flashable modems. posted. so god things coming. lol if i have to use this device . i might as well make it better. anyway have a good weekend everyone
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to silver03wrx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bait-Fish
Old
#136  
Bait-Fish's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 772
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Development is surely welcome! Welcome aboard.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
 
dbeauch
Old
(Last edited by dbeauch; 21st May 2012 at 12:30 AM.)
#137  
dbeauch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 328
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nashua, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx View Post
DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM THE MINUS LINKS IN THE OP. takes about 7 hours. seriously. minus should be shut down. why not use dev-host ? it allows like 10 times faster download speed. as opposed to 7 hours at 15kbps.


anyway after 2 days of searching here i have a link for the tot files that lets you download at over 600 kbps. go here LG Revolution


and i have had the lg revo for awhile . im a developer. have been developing for the galaxy note . and galaxy s2 skyrocket. but there just dev devices. the revo is my actuall phone/ and im kind of dissapointed to see no dev activity on this forum. so ill be building some roms/. from the new zv9 update. soon. probobly release one monday. please dont bug for eta. but as i said most likely monday. also going to look into geting some flashable modems. posted. so god things coming. lol if i have to use this device . i might as well make it better. anyway have a good weekend everyone
I was just going to post about how slow Minus is! Thanks for offering a better solution! And looking forward to another ROM option too! Just a heads up though, we have seen supposed devs come and go in the Revo forums and every time they promise to do a ROM they never deliver and we are always let down...please dont do that to us! It's just not cool...lol

EDIT: Alternate TOT DL Link at tazr not working...seriously??
 
silver03wrx
Old
#138  
silver03wrx's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2688
Posts: 3,314
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: westminster maryland

 
DONATE TO ME
Look wow it was yesterday. OK I'll host it either on the collective server or dev host
 
dbeauch
Old
#139  
dbeauch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 328
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nashua, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx View Post
Look wow it was yesterday. OK I'll host it either on the collective server or dev host
link? I agree minus.com sucks, so if you got something better, please hook us up!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

ZV8 TOT appears to be corrupted. Only 136 Megs and LGNPST says it's corrupted.
 
Cheesecakepig
Old
#140  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2012
Default Fixed my Hardbrick

This worked really well! One thing I did was try to flash CWM with Rom Manager...Terrible idea. Another thing some of you might have to do is go through device manager and install the driver over the phone. My phone showed up simply as "generic USB hub" This works flawlessly and as I just unbricked my Revo.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes