[POLL] What new features do you want to have in OsBuilder future releases

8th November 2011, 07:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Minsk
Thanks Meter: 829

2,058 posts
We decided to start a survey for OsBilder users. The question of it is the following:

What new options/settings/possibilities do you want to have in future releases of the program?
Please leave the detailed description of these options, as well as specify the reason why they so are necessary or desirable for you.
Your ideas and recommendations could be useful for further development of the program.
Do not post requests to implement complete support for building ROMS for some definite device name or brand - Barin cannot buy all the brands available at the market to carry out tests with them.
If you stubbornly want this support – you are free to buy and send a desired device to Barin for testing.
Requests to add one or another program option without giving a reason to do it – won’t be under consideration.
Requests to translate program interface into any language other than English and Russian won’t be answered here. We can only talk about the options related directly to functionality of DumpTool and OSBuilder features.
Concerning bug reports for currently implemented features – they should be also posted in the main OsBuilder thread.

Note about the Rom-Protection feature of OsBuilder for WP7.

The OsBuilder developers and the other members of asusmobile team get a lot of PMs from xda rom-cooking guys with the requests to implement kinda “rom protection” feature for WP7 roms.
Guys and gals!
For the moment only one developer has a real reason to protect his own work. It’s DFT, because DFT makes real development. With unique programs and features included. With new cool possibilities enabled.
But DFT is able to PERFECTLY protect their work without our humble assistance.
The rest of us guys – have NOTHING to protect. All of us have the identical registry tweaks, unlocks etc.
Protection of your personal “eye candy” stuff is considered to be a waste of time – all nice pictures are available in web.
So guys – please stop PM-ing about WP7 rom protection – at least until we all start to really develop WP7 – not just dump stocks and rebuild them moving away some langs and adding some pictures.
One more important thing: dumping DFT PROTECTED roms will NEVER be implemented as DumpTool feature.
Last edited by AndrewSh; 15th November 2011 at 10:06 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sinop/Boyabat
Thanks Meter: 1,754

657 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Changing the LOGO and SLDR1-2
NK.bin XIP as well as automatic
1: Changing the LOGO and SLDR1-2
thanks
8th November 2011, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Minsk

2,058 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaimatejam

NK.bin XIP as well as automatic
1: Changing the LOGO and SLDR1-2
thanks

Changing LOGO - already implemented. Will be available in the next public version (coming soon).
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2011, 11:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 211

1,029 posts
Donate to Me
Base OS.nb file is over 300Mb in the kitchen. So I have to rebuild it into smallest size manually. (after reduced its size about 20Mb)
My suggestion is OSbuilder will auto reduce base OS.nb after run dump/create packages to get smallest kitchen folder size. Thanks so much.
Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to nhathoa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2011, 11:37 AM   |  #5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 567

146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhathoa

Base OS.nb file is over 300Mb in the kitchen. So I have to rebuild it into smallest size manually. (after reduced its size about 20Mb)
My suggestion is OSbuilder will auto reduce base OS.nb after run dump/create packages to get smallest kitchen folder size. Thanks so much.
Regards.

We are working on it, but we don't have enough info about some data structures in NB to recreate them. If you have all info about them, please PM me. (logical/checkpoint sectors recreation, mapping tables, etc...)

EDIT: nhathoa, thanks for your advice in PM
Last edited by -=Barin=-; 14th November 2011 at 12:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 574

3,234 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhathoa

Regards.

If we get any new *.nbh file then OSBuilder display error, but if we get os.nb.payload from this same ROM, then OSBuilder support this file

Important:
OSbuilder:
- In this moment no extract/dump of some files *. nb0 (SAMSUNG), and *.nbh (exam. HTC Spark/Mozart/Mango)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nokser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2011, 05:03 PM   |  #7  

146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokser

In this moment no extract/dump of some files *. nb0 (SAMSUNG), and *.nbh (exam. HTC Spark/Mozart/Mango)

OSbuilder supports Mozart/Spark stock rom, but do not try to dump DFT protected ROMs.
Btw i've got Mozart and i made the dump with OSBuilder
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 07:18 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Minsk

2,058 posts
Guys, this message is about Rom-Protection feature of OsBuilder.

The OsBuilder developers and the other members of asusmobile team get a lot of PMs from xda rom-cooking guys with the requests to implement kinda “rom protection” feature for WP7 roms.
Guys and gals!
For the moment only one developer has a real reason to protect his own work. It’s DFT, because DFT makes real development. With unique programs and features included. With new cool possibilities enabled.
But DFT is able to PERFECTLY protect their work without our humble assistance.
The rest of us guys – have NOTHING to protect. All of us have the identical registry tweaks, unlocks etc.
Protection of your personal “eye candy” stuff is considered to be a waste of time – all nice pictures are available in web.
So guys – please stop PM-ing about WP7 rom protection – at least until we all start to really develop WP7 – not just dump stocks and rebuild them moving away some langs and adding some pictures.

One more important thing: dumping DFT PROTECTED roms will NEVER be implemented as DumpTool feature.

This message will be added to the first post
Last edited by AndrewSh; 15th November 2011 at 10:03 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2011, 09:17 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 797

1,757 posts
Donate to Me
More
will ROM protection ever be implemented in future version of OS Builder?
though, i suppose, one knows they have a 'good' ROM when others' 'take' from it.

would like to see...
a. Settings be save-able and imported
b. being able to import .CAB files (i.e. OEM firmware updates)

also, in the current version of OS Builder,
if Expand/Collapse button is Expanded and the content is refreshed, the Expand/Collapse button doesn't revert to Expand even though it is Collapsed.
hope that made sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to sh4d0w86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2011, 04:03 AM   |  #10  

146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d0w86

...being able to import .CAB files (i.e. OEM firmware updates)

We are working on it

The Following User Says Thank You to -=Barin=- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread