[HowTo/QPST/UPE]★(¯ `•.Update your Windows Phone ® 7 on Tsunagi.•´¯)★[Method#2]

Search This thread

Nokser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2008
Warsaw
mcodingset.com

This is a small tutorial, how to update first release Windows Phone ® 7. All info you find in this site.

Step #1

We search program QPST version: 2.7 build: 366 in internet, or … ;) .
Next Install this program in your PC/Laptop.
…in this moment, give to you small package, where is WP7 image and other files.
Extract this package, maiby in example for “windowsphone” folder…..

Step #2

In Tsunagi device you run -> Factory Mode (turn off your phone, and press: up, and down volume + press power button, at one time), Must display a sign on the screen: Factory Mode, etc.
Now you run QPST Configurations from directory QPST (find this in Program Files, or in Start Menu)
Go to tab “Ports”…. click “Add New Port”, if you phone not display, then uncheck checkbox, and select active device. Do not close the program ;)

Step #3

Run Software Download, from this same location(qpst folder)
Important: if you not see your phone in port line, then you must select hin in “browse”.
In first tab, check “Phone Image”, next click “browse” and select file, from “windowsphone” folder: NPRG8650.hex
Next go to “Multi-Image” tab
In location “Image Folder”, select folder “windowsphone”
If this possible, change Boot System(combobox) to Sec Boot 2.0
Next click “Advanced”, then you see new windows, and select files:

1. dbl.mbn
  2. fsbl.mbn
  3. osbl.mbn
  4. amss.mbn
  5. apps.mbn – this file you must uncheck ;)
  6. appsboot.mbn
  7. flash.bin
  8. dsp1.mbn

Info: The rest of the files must be unchecked. The order of the files is the order of the program.

Now click “OK”, then press “Start”.. and waiting for end process.. phone restart, and he run Windows Phone. :D

Everything you do at your own risk. Do not assume, responsibility for any damage.

Download QPST:
QPST_2.7_366.rar

Copyright (c) 2010-2011 UPE Production by Nokser
All Right Reserved.

Last edited:

aeroflyluby

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2009
Rybnik
Nokser mean that:

howto.png

Options -> Settings and:
Set it EXACTLY like this.

PATITOPATITO

Nov 12, 2009
Hi all,
After 2 days triying ,Yesterday i succeed to put the w7.bi+bootloader into the phone with your method and worked ok. I explain this couse it can be helpull to others with same behavior.
First, you must have a W6.5 radio version 321 in the phone. Otherwise you wont be able to reach Factory mode in your phone. :eek:
My problem were concerning drivers. If the drivers are not well installed its useless. My problem was concerning this issue. With W7x64 , Common downloader option is not valid couse the platform is not for 64 bit.The PC see the conection bur doesnt work due drivers (you can see them in yellow in the w7 hadrware manager). And after 1 min or less... time out. If you try to update the drivers for TOSHIBA DL driver doesnt work. So my option was to make first Common downloader with another PC with xp 32 bit windows, and after the BASE SOURCE option (FFU-) with W7 x64 bit PC. It works perfectly.:D
The w7.bin I put It seems to be very fluid and fast, even faster than with w 6.5 but There are some important bugs (camera...umts). I think its not the latest,:( but I cant find any other...:). Can any of you you provide a link with the latest (that you know?).
Thaks for the help, I hope my experience can helps others. Some times its harder the rampup rather than the full process...xd.
Br from Spain.
Patito

9 is there any other OS. Bin for this phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a small tutorial, how to update first release Windows Phone ® 7. All info you find in this site.

Step #1

We search program QPST version: 2.7 build: 366 in internet, or … ;) .
    Next Install this program in your PC/Laptop.
    …in this moment, give to you small package, where is WP7 image and other files.
    Extract this package, maiby in example for “windowsphone” folder…..

Step #2

In Tsunagi device you run -> Factory Mode (turn off your phone, and press: up, and down volume + press power button, at one time), Must display a sign on the screen: Factory Mode, etc.
    Now you run QPST Configurations from directory QPST (find this in Program Files, or in Start Menu)
    Go to tab “Ports”…. click “Add New Port”, if you phone not display, then uncheck checkbox, and select active device. Do not close the program ;)

Step #3

Run Software Download, from this same location(qpst folder)
    Important: if you not see your phone in port line, then you must select hin in “browse”.
    In first tab, check “Phone Image”, next click “browse” and select file, from “windowsphone” folder: NPRG8650.hex
    Next go to “Multi-Image” tab
    In location “Image Folder”, select folder “windowsphone”
    If this possible, change Boot System(combobox) to Sec Boot 2.0
    Next click “Advanced”, then you see new windows, and select files:

1. dbl.mbn
    2. fsbl.mbn
    3. osbl.mbn
    4. amss.mbn
    5. apps.mbn – this file you must uncheck ;)
    6. appsboot.mbn
    7. flash.bin
    8. dsp1.mbn

Info: The rest of the files must be unchecked. The order of the files is the order of the program.

Now click “OK”, then press “Start”.. and waiting for end process.. phone restart, and he run Windows Phone. :D

Everything you do at your own risk. Do not assume, responsibility for any damage.

Download QPST:
    QPST_2.7_366.rar

Copyright (c) 2010-2011 UPE Production by Nokser
    All Right Reserved.
    Why the hell people need 7004?

... Why the hell.... Why the hell :D the 7510 build is a wild build.

the most update solutions (for exsample) to mango beta 7712 or mango RTM, works? better? if you have a STANDARD, FIRST WP7 ROM such as 7004 ..........

ALSO can we get this 7004 ROM or NOT :D
    Maybe this video, help too in this tut.
    Flash OS in QPST