OP nileshrparge

8th November 2011, 09:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 70

173 posts
More
Hello everyone.
Today I left my phone (galaxy S2) in my cousin's hand, and he tried to unclock my screen lock pattern. After too many attempts, my phone got lcoked and it asked me to sign in using my google account. I did so, and the phone got unlocked.
But when I press the lock button, or the phone gets locked automatically and I press the lock button to unlock it, the "too many pattern attempts" screen comes back again. Also my sim card is not being detected even though its there.
I have tried rebooting the phone, disabling the screen lock patten in security settings, disabling google account. Nothing has helped so far!
8th November 2011, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,057

3,530 posts
More
When you disabled the screen lock setting, what happens? You could try booting into recovery and wiping cache. If that doesn't work, then you'll probably have to factory reset.
9th November 2011, 07:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 70

173 posts
More
When I disable it, nothing happens, as in it shows that it is disabled on the security settings. But when I press the lock button, the too many attempts screens comes back again. I tried a fctory reset too. Its still there! This is so frustrating!
9th November 2011, 09:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,057

3,530 posts
More
Flashing a new rom should do the trick.
2nd December 2011, 09:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
No you don't have to Flash
Try this please:

It was all about this "Two-Step Verification" security of google!

I tried everything... and I mean EVERYTHING (except flashing my XooM), but at the edge of giving up, I signed into my google account and issued an "Application Specific Password" for Xoom from my Google account.

I used my username@gmail.com with that Application Specific Password and it worked. (do not enter spaces in the password)
9th April 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
There is one solution
Hello,

I had similar problem with my Motorola Xoom WiFi. My friends was playing with my tablet and they was trying to guess my login pattern. Unfortunately sign in via Google account did not worked and WiFi network was turned off. So I was looking for way how to unlock it without root access.

Finally I found it. I wrote an application which turns on WiFi. It is quite simple. There is one requirement, you have to have enabled debuge mode. After installing app via IDE (eg. Eclipse) WiFi is connected to known network and you can log in with your Google account. There is also possibility to set network parameters in app code before compilation.

I hope this helps someone with this problem. At the end I want apologize for my poor english

Regards...
19th November 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato.mago

Hello,

I had similar problem with my Motorola Xoom WiFi. My friends was playing with my tablet and they was trying to guess my login pattern. Unfortunately sign in via Google account did not worked and WiFi network was turned off. So I was looking for way how to unlock it without root access.

Finally I found it. I wrote an application which turns on WiFi. It is quite simple. There is one requirement, you have to have enabled debuge mode. After installing app via IDE (eg. Eclipse) WiFi is connected to known network and you can log in with your Google account. There is also possibility to set network parameters in app code before compilation.

I hope this helps someone with this problem. At the end I want apologize for my poor english

Regards...

Hi dear
I have same problem too.
may you explain more. and could you put your application here?
thanks for your help in advance
20th November 2012, 01:49 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
locked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshrparge

Hello everyone.
Today I left my phone (galaxy S2) in my cousin's hand, and he tried to unclock my screen lock pattern. After too many attempts, my phone got lcoked and it asked me to sign in using my google account. I did so, and the phone got unlocked.
But when I press the lock button, or the phone gets locked automatically and I press the lock button to unlock it, the "too many pattern attempts" screen comes back again. Also my sim card is not being detected even though its there.
I have tried rebooting the phone, disabling the screen lock patten in security settings, disabling google account. Nothing has helped so far!

Sometimes simple is best. If you saved the rom, go into recovery and restore the saved rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s2, lock, pattern, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread