Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery mode? PLease Help

Tip us?

edoble
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recovery mode? PLease Help

Hey guys,
A few months ago I rooted my phone and put the Cyanogen Mod rom in it.
Everything was working perfectly..until recently.
My touchscreen is not responding...and the touch pad is also not working.

The phone boots fine but I can't click on anything because the touchscreen is not working.

Anyways, I decided to reflash the rom thinking its a software issue rather than hardware.

But, How do I get back into recovery again?

Usually I would just use Rom Manager to boot to recovery but I can't access this app because I can't navigate to it using my touchscreen or touchpad.

I read that its Vol down plus holding power. I did that but phone continues to just boot normally. Am i doing something wrong.

Please answer.....Thanks...

txdeathray
Old
Thanks Meter 36
it is vol down plus power, but you got the order reversed. hold vol down, then press power. once that's done, select recovery.

edoble
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried your method as well (Volume down + Power) but no luck. I think my volume key doesn't work or something.....any suggestions?

edoble
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I made some progress

Instead of volume down + power (which didn't work) I used back button + power which got me into recovery.

Only problem now is that I need to select recovery. I cant seem to do that because my volume down button doesnt respond when I press it.

Is there any other way to go down in this menu screen....the keyboard is not working at this screen and also it says this message: touch screen - failed

please help

txdeathray
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Perhaps android commander can get you to recovery. google android commander and install it on your computer, turn your phone normally and plug it into the computer after its done. Run android commander and select your app, i do recall an option for reboot to recovery.

edoble
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, thanks for the tip. Android commander is great.

I tried using it to get to recovery. It wouldnt work though. I get the red triangle.

Then I tried flashing a rom using android commander. It worked....the rom installed fine.

Problem now, though, is my touch panel, volume keys, and track pad don't work. They didnt work even before I reflashed this rom.

In Hboot it says touch screen: failed.

Im not sure whats going on.

Is there any way to fix my touch screen. Am i missing something?

Wagedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoble View Post
Yes, thanks for the tip. Android commander is great.

I tried using it to get to recovery. It wouldnt work though. I get the red triangle.

Then I tried flashing a rom using android commander. It worked....the rom installed fine.

Problem now, though, is my touch panel, volume keys, and track pad don't work. They didnt work even before I reflashed this rom.

In Hboot it says touch screen: failed.

Im not sure whats going on.

Is there any way to fix my touch screen. Am i missing something?
This is a hardware issue. So no matter what you flash this is going to continue since its not software related

Sent from my fingertips using Android.

PRIMARY
Phone: LG Nexus 4
Rom: Stock 4.4 Kit-Kat
Kernel: Stock