MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Recovery mode? PLease Help

9th November 2011, 01:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hey guys,
A few months ago I rooted my phone and put the Cyanogen Mod rom in it.
Everything was working perfectly..until recently.
My touchscreen is not responding...and the touch pad is also not working.

The phone boots fine but I can't click on anything because the touchscreen is not working.

Anyways, I decided to reflash the rom thinking its a software issue rather than hardware.

But, How do I get back into recovery again?

Usually I would just use Rom Manager to boot to recovery but I can't access this app because I can't navigate to it using my touchscreen or touchpad.

I read that its Vol down plus holding power. I did that but phone continues to just boot normally. Am i doing something wrong.

Please answer.....Thanks...
9th November 2011, 01:32 AM   |  #2  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 36

329 posts
More
it is vol down plus power, but you got the order reversed. hold vol down, then press power. once that's done, select recovery.
9th November 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I tried your method as well (Volume down + Power) but no luck. I think my volume key doesn't work or something.....any suggestions?
9th November 2011, 02:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I made some progress

Instead of volume down + power (which didn't work) I used back button + power which got me into recovery.

Only problem now is that I need to select recovery. I cant seem to do that because my volume down button doesnt respond when I press it.

Is there any other way to go down in this menu screen....the keyboard is not working at this screen and also it says this message: touch screen - failed

please help
9th November 2011, 02:15 AM   |  #5  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 36

329 posts
More
Perhaps android commander can get you to recovery. google android commander and install it on your computer, turn your phone normally and plug it into the computer after its done. Run android commander and select your app, i do recall an option for reboot to recovery.
9th November 2011, 03:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Yes, thanks for the tip. Android commander is great.

I tried using it to get to recovery. It wouldnt work though. I get the red triangle.

Then I tried flashing a rom using android commander. It worked....the rom installed fine.

Problem now, though, is my touch panel, volume keys, and track pad don't work. They didnt work even before I reflashed this rom.

In Hboot it says touch screen: failed.

Im not sure whats going on.

Is there any way to fix my touch screen. Am i missing something?
9th November 2011, 04:17 AM   |  #7  
Flag Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 231

1,290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoble

Yes, thanks for the tip. Android commander is great.

I tried using it to get to recovery. It wouldnt work though. I get the red triangle.

Then I tried flashing a rom using android commander. It worked....the rom installed fine.

Problem now, though, is my touch panel, volume keys, and track pad don't work. They didnt work even before I reflashed this rom.

In Hboot it says touch screen: failed.

Im not sure whats going on.

Is there any way to fix my touch screen. Am i missing something?

This is a hardware issue. So no matter what you flash this is going to continue since its not software related

Sent from my fingertips using Android.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread