Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best replacement launcher for Note

Tip us?
 
yslee
Old
#11  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jul 2007
Not many people use LauncherPro nowadays, it seems. I do like the ability to set 15 shortcuts on the bottom quicklaunch bar. How does it run on the Galaxy Note, given that Touchwiz is GPU accelerated?
 
debernardis
Old
#12  
debernardis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 440
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Acireale, Sicily
Neither Go launcher nor Launcher pro accept S-memo notes as widget. When you try to send the note as widget, it gets attached to tw anyway.

Ernesto de Bernardis
N900 - Galaxy Tab 7"
Ernesto de Bernardis
[Galaxy Note]
 
Vauix
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 161
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default VTL.Launcher

VTL.launcher is what I've been using on my note. This launcher is based on ADW but optimised for tablets, which will add allot of useful option for use on your note.
 
Vulpix
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 1,084
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Harrison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denialnw10 View Post
Just switched to Go Launcher! Wow! I can't believe this is free! It's an excellent replacement launcher. Thanks for the heads-up!
Am I the only person having issues with ADW EX and Go Launcher EX?

ADW EX: Layout is tablet, lots of overlapping, menu at the bottom is cut off in portrait mode.
Go Launcher EX: LAG LAG LAG when flipping through homescreens in 5x5.
 
marianoitalianoo
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 288
Join Date: Sep 2010
Yep I tried all of them and they all sux on Note. Who cares about Launchers since we will have ICS
 
denialnw10
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 99
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpix View Post
Am I the only person having issues with ADW EX and Go Launcher EX?

ADW EX: Layout is tablet, lots of overlapping, menu at the bottom is cut off in portrait mode.
Go Launcher EX: LAG LAG LAG when flipping through homescreens in 5x5.
To be honest, after a while I have noticed the lag, which is quite annoying on Go Launcher. I'm up for trying something else now me thinks...
The Following User Says Thank You to denialnw10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vulpix
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 1,084
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianoitalianoo View Post
Yep I tried all of them and they all sux on Note. Who cares about Launchers since we will have ICS
We do? I don't remember a hacked ROM for ICS on the SGN...
 
the red krawler
Old
#18  
the red krawler's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpix View Post
We do? I don't remember a hacked ROM for ICS on the SGN...
He said "will have" (ie: future tense). Theres been confirmation that the Note is indeed a device getting ICS... As for when that is, who knows. Samsungs firmware update schedules are always a laugh. I figure by the time ICS rolls around the XDA community would have provided about 40 different custom ROMs based on it anyway.
 
ardabey
Old
#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 25
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by the red krawler View Post
He said "will have" (ie: future tense). Theres been confirmation that the Note is indeed a device getting ICS... As for when that is, who knows. Samsungs firmware update schedules are always a laugh. I figure by the time ICS rolls around the XDA community would have provided about 40 different custom ROMs based on it anyway.
I just hope that the wacom digitizer drivers and custom behavior related to the stylus won't turn out to be too problematic to put into custom ROMs. it'd be a shame to choose between ICS or pen functionality, or wait for Samsung to release a touchwizified ICS.
 
Vulpix
Old
#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 1,084
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardabey View Post
I just hope that the wacom digitizer drivers and custom behavior related to the stylus won't turn out to be too problematic to put into custom ROMs. it'd be a shame to choose between ICS or pen functionality, or wait for Samsung to release a touchwizified ICS.
If I had to give up my wacom stylus, I would have just stuck with my SGS2.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes