Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[DEV] ICS port for I9000/I9000B - BETA (ICS sources) - work in progress

OP onecosmic

20th November 2011, 04:27 AM   |  #1331  
jeebspawnshop's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
1,005 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene373

I've been trying to make this kernel work all day from there ICS / Updated kernel source, the problem is the Framebuffer can't connect & i don't know much at all when it comes to the FB

I've all ready made all the correct changes needed to there source codec I downloaded today, but like I said, FB Can't connect...

~Eugene

Just mashed your Thanks button for contributing to the main effort
The Following User Says Thank You to jeebspawnshop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2011, 04:32 AM   |  #1332  
ali1276's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 819
 
506 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene373

I've been trying to make this kernel work all day from there ICS / Updated kernel source, the problem is the Framebuffer can't connect & i don't know much at all when it comes to the FB

I've all ready made all the correct changes needed to there source codec I downloaded today, but like I said, FB Can't connect...

~Eugene

Does it boot w/o framebuffer? To me it sounds like framebuffer can be an issue with the normal kernel also because YouTube and other videos do not work. Also, can you upload the kernel if it does boot.
20th November 2011, 04:33 AM   |  #1333  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
1,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I'm running this rom oced at 1200 and man its just lightning fast

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
20th November 2011, 04:40 AM   |  #1334  
eugene373's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,303
 
5,626 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali1276

Does it boot w/o framebuffer? To me it sounds like framebuffer can be an issue with the normal kernel also because YouTube and other videos do not work. Also, can you upload the kernel if it does boot.

umh? No FB = no boot
20th November 2011, 04:42 AM   |  #1335  
Driv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 64
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
First: ICS is so fu nice
But i have no Network connection ?

Sent from my GT-I9000B using XDA App
20th November 2011, 04:45 AM   |  #1336  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 309
 
1,163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Well done to all involved.
Running so well on i9000.
Pros.
Calls working normally both ways and clear.
Sms working.
Market working and downloading.
Wifi working.
Colours are fine.
Home button and lockscreen working.
Settings saved.
No reboots yet.
Responsive as.
Smooth as.
Gallery is great.
Ext sd is mounting.
Most things seem fine.

Cons.
Not many at all.
Just need 3g/2g working for daily use. As it is now its almost bettet than gb.
Camera and video playback are secondary fixes.

So much done in so little time.
Thanks to onecosmic, and all devs that have put in long hours to get it up and running.

Sent from my GT-I9000 ICS A4 using XDA App
20th November 2011, 04:53 AM   |  #1337  
ali1276's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 819
 
506 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene373

umh? No FB = no boot


What is framebuffer? Maybe onecomsic can help?
Last edited by ali1276; 20th November 2011 at 05:03 AM.
20th November 2011, 05:28 AM   |  #1338  
Member
Pune, India
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchasa

Well done to all involved.
Running so well on i9000.
Pros.
Calls working normally both ways and clear.
Sms working.
Market working and downloading.
Wifi working.
Colours are fine.
Home button and lockscreen working.
Settings saved.
No reboots yet.
Responsive as.
Smooth as.
Gallery is great.
Ext sd is mounting.
Most things seem fine.

Cons.
Not many at all.
Just need 3g/2g working for daily use. As it is now its almost bettet than gb.
Camera and video playback are secondary fixes.

So much done in so little time.
Thanks to onecosmic, and all devs that have put in long hours to get it up and running.

Sent from my GT-I9000 ICS A4 using XDA App

Awesome!
Please guys, get the data fixed!
Dying to jump the bandwagon..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
20th November 2011, 05:42 AM   |  #1339  
kangi26's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,438
 
3,767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchasa

Well done to all involved.
Running so well on i9000.
Pros.
Calls working normally both ways and clear.
Sms working.
Market working and downloading.
Wifi working.
Colours are fine.
Home button and lockscreen working.
Settings saved.
No reboots yet.
Responsive as.
Smooth as.
Gallery is great.
Ext sd is mounting.
Most things seem fine.

Cons.
Not many at all.
Just need 3g/2g working for daily use. As it is now its almost bettet than gb.
Camera and video playback are secondary fixes.

So much done in so little time.
Thanks to onecosmic, and all devs that have put in long hours to get it up and running.

Sent from my GT-I9000 ICS A4 using XDA App

Data, and Calendar sync are MUSTS for me personally. Ditto on the camera/video, I dont need/use them
20th November 2011, 05:45 AM   |  #1340  
Driv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 64
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
pls i need help with Network i cant do any calls

Sent from my GT-I9000B using XDA App

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, ics, nexus-s port
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes