Thread Closed

[DEV] ICS port for I9000/I9000B - BETA (ICS sources) - work in progress

OP onecosmic

9th November 2011, 03:52 AM   |  #11  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 130

277 posts
Donate to Me
Awesome job! No chance of doing a captivate version is there?
The Following User Says Thank You to mystichobo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 03:58 AM   |  #12  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1

110 posts
More
support you onecosmic (:
dunno a lot about kernel works but I can help about the system part.
anyway thank you
9th November 2011, 04:03 AM   |  #13  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 819

506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is bluetooth working?
The Following User Says Thank You to ali1276 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:06 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 26

102 posts
Is it safe to install this image. I just want to see how ICS is.. I may even report any bugs if I find, if that helps. Or should I wait for a stable release. I can't wait to see ICS, that's why

Please be gentle, thank you..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
9th November 2011, 04:18 AM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,699

74 posts
Donate to Me
Guys, a couple of clarifications for those who ask by private and here:

This is an ALPHA release, means testing, developers, unstable. Not recommended for people whitout a minimum modding/development/rom playing experience.

I cannot work on other phones for a simple reason, i dont have one to test and the trial and error method is not an option (too many things can went wrong..)

All working features will be added to the first post (if is not there, is not working)

donate link is in the left side below my name (usual location on XDA)

Hope this covers all the questions.

Cheers
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to onecosmic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:19 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 49

203 posts
More
The colors problem is fixed? Or still we have the orange pattern?
9th November 2011, 04:19 AM   |  #17  
Flag madras
Thanks Meter: 148

667 posts
Looking forward to re-igniting my (now)dormant passion for the good old SGS!
All the best!
9th November 2011, 04:22 AM   |  #18  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 132

854 posts
More
I just had a little fun experimenting.

1) can you check the version of the kernel for I9000. Neither touchscreen ril worked when I installed. Swiping didn't work and my sim was never accessed.

2) I would not just try this as it might not work for everyone. I was able to install the system as an update to my cm7 installation. It has a nice update system where it converts contacts and calendar events to the ics standard. After it finished my phone froze and needed a restart. However after booting again, all my apps were still installed and angry birds worked. Looked a bit weird in those colours and swiping wasn't working at that point.

Oh and the colour issue seems to be like an overlay more than anything else. Menus that flicker show correct colours behind them. (If you bring up the power menu, the desktop behind it as it flickers is in the correct colouring). Or maybe the colouring and flickering are linked and it only appears like an overlay. (Fyi, hw acceleration may not help this. I used non hw accelerated roms in the past and there was no flickering on them like there is in this port).

Anyway its pretty exciting to be playing around with ics.

Edit: anyone wanting to test this should do a nandroid backup. I restored mine after testing and its as thought I never had ics installed (aka completely successful). Backup the nandroid on your pc tho. I am sure there will be work done on the sdcard which in theory could get wiped. (And many backups are a great idea)
Sent via my GT-I9000 running CM7 (GB 2.3.7) using XDA premium
Last edited by drakenabarion; 9th November 2011 at 04:29 AM.
9th November 2011, 04:22 AM   |  #19  
Flag Santa Fe
Thanks Meter: 122

251 posts
More
Is safe, only do a nandroid of your actual rom/mod.
You must have your actual stock rom (odin one) with your pit, for unistall this rom.

Ps: really sorry for my basic english

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiebm

Is it safe to install this image. I just want to see how ICS is.. I may even report any bugs if I find, if that helps. Or should I wait for a stable release. I can't wait to see ICS, that's why

Please be gentle, thank you..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

9th November 2011, 04:27 AM   |  #20  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,699

74 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenabarion

I just had a little fun experimenting.

1) can you check the version of the kernel for I9000. Neither touchscreen ril worked when I installed. Swiping didn't work and my sim was never accessed.

2) I would not just try this as it might not work for everyone. I was able to install the system as an update to my cm7 installation. It has a nice update system where it converts contacts and calendar events to the ics standard. After it finished my phone froze and needed a restart. However after booting again, all my apps were still installed and angry birds worked. Looked a bit weird in those colours and swiping wasn't working at that point.

Oh and the colour issue seems to be like an overlay more than anything else. Menus that flicker show correct colours behind them. (If you bring up the power menu, the desktop behind it as it flickers is in the correct colouring). Or maybe the colouring and flickering are linked and it only appears like an overlay. (Fyi, hw acceleration may not help this. I used non hw accelerated roms in the past and there was no flickering on them like there is in this port).

Anyway its pretty exciting to be playing around with ics.

Sent via my GT-I9000 running CM7 (GB 2.3.7) using XDA premium

Kernel for i9000 does not have the ril inside, ril is on the last image i've uploaded, you need to download and install the lastest image (first post) and then the i9000 kernel.

Its true that the negative color its a androidGLES problem, but the only working (so far) software GLES is the one that cames with the emulator, so enabling the hardware video chip will fix the color (since it is going to be rendered on real hardware and not in the softGLES)

Cheers

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onecosmic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, ics, nexus-s port
Previous Thread Next Thread