More
onecosmic is indeed the best i shall b pressing the thanks button
ill report on bugs
9th November 2011, 04:33 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 26

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearc77

Is safe, only do a nandroid of your actual rom/mod.
You must have your actual stock rom (odin one) with your pit, for unistall this rom.

Ps: really sorry for my basic english

Thank you for your reply. I have two questions, if it doesn't bother you

1) After flashing ICS onto my SGS, will the CWM recovery still be there? Because, if anything fails, I should be able to flash to CM7, which I have in my sd card for emergency purposes. Will the 3 button combo to recovery still work?

2) Or is flashing stock using Odin the only way to get my phone working if anything goes wrong?

Thanks a bunch ....
The Following User Says Thank You to richiebm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:34 AM   |  #23  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 132

854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecosmic

Kernel for i9000 does not have the ril inside, ril is on the last image i've uploaded, you need to download and install the lastest image (first post) and then the i9000 kernel.

Its true that the negative color its a androidGLES problem, but the only working (so far) software GLES is the one that cames with the emulator, so enabling the hardware video chip will fix the color (since it is going to be rendered on real hardware and not in the softGLES)

Cheers

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Sent via my GT-I9000 running CM7 (GB 2.3.7) using XDA premium
9th November 2011, 04:39 AM   |  #24  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,699

74 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by richiebm

Thank you for your reply. I have two questions, if it doesn't bother you

1) After flashing ICS onto my SGS, will the CWM recovery still be there? Because, if anything fails, I should be able to flash to CM7, which I have in my sd card for emergency purposes. Will the 3 button combo to recovery still work?

2) Or is flashing stock using Odin the only way to get my phone working if anything goes wrong?

Thanks a bunch ....

This rom uses a Cyanogen kernel, so you have all CWM recovery features available.

Cheers
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onecosmic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:41 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
Just tried twice now installing rom first and kernel after. Touchscreen doesn't seem to be working and neither does RIL. Using i9000 international.
The Following User Says Thank You to felix_tung For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:43 AM   |  #26  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 64

411 posts
More
You need to start using version numbers with each build or this is going to get ugly.

That being said, thanks; most appreciated.
Last edited by perosredo; 10th November 2011 at 02:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to perosredo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:52 AM   |  #27  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,653

3,985 posts
Very good job on this, I have been following the first thread you were posting on. I do have a question for you all, when flashing does it flash bootloaders? Or does it use the same gingerbread bootloaders? I know this is not for the captivate i897 but in the past we were kind of able to flash i9000 roms but had reverse logic on the headphone Jack and lost some of our buttons. So this is why I am wondering about bootloaders in case someone from the captivate can port over what you have so far even if it means loss of buttons so we can test things out. Thanks for your hard work.

Sent from My KickAss CM7 Captivate
9th November 2011, 04:53 AM   |  #28  
Somewhere in XDA
Thanks Meter: 206

644 posts
More
Thumbs up true developer
+1 this is what we call development...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awandroid89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 04:59 AM   |  #29  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 132

854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt

Very good job on this, I have been following the first thread you were posting on. I do have a question for you all, when flashing does it flash bootloaders? Or does it use the same gingerbread bootloaders? I know this is not for the captivate i897 but in the past we were kind of able to flash i9000 roms but had reverse logic on the headphone Jack and lost some of our buttons. So this is why I am wondering about bootloaders in case someone from the captivate can port over what you have so far even if it means loss of buttons so we can test things out. Thanks for your hard work.

Sent from My KickAss CM7 Captivate

I use the gb bootloader and it was not changed during flash (can only be changed using Odin and I didn't use Odin).

Oh but you reminded me if something. Many many months ago, cm7 couldn't access external sdcard while on gingerbread bootloaders. Maybe something related to that could fix the external sdcard access. Do people running Froyo have sdcard access in these builds? (Then again, chances are that if someone would test this build, then they have already the most uptodate bootloader :) )

(Sorry if I am way off here. I hope these ideas can help out even if I am not directly able to code well).

Edit: another go at testing with everything linked from this thread. RIL is working fine. Can make calls etc. Touchscreen doesn't work well so maybe I am doing something wrong (or misread. I was sure I read that you fixed touchscreen swiping on I9000.)

Sent via my GT-I9000 running CM7 (GB 2.3.7) using XDA premium
Last edited by drakenabarion; 9th November 2011 at 05:39 AM.
9th November 2011, 05:33 AM   |  #30  
Flag Sydney, Australia
Thanks Meter: 12

82 posts
Donate to Me
More
sonic > super sonic > ultra sonic > ONECOSMIC

I love you man...u are great

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

One quick question...
can i flash this on my sgs running on rooted xxjvr?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, ics, nexus-s port
Previous Thread Next Thread