FORUMS

On Qualcomm’s Damage Control: Marketing and Rumors?

The Heated Snapdragon chronicles seemingly see no end, and 5 months into 2015 … more

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro With SD-810 Goes On Sale In China

The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, announced on 15th Jan 2015, is Xiaomi’s attempt at … more

Project Fi Invites Are Rolling Out

Google is now sending out the first wave of invites to its new wireless service, Project Fi. … more

Vinsic 20,000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank Giveaway

We have covered a lot of Android Accessories here on XDA TV. Mostly because we realize … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[DEV] ICS port for I9000/I9000B - BETA (ICS sources) - work in progress

14th November 2011, 09:07 PM |#421  
koaaN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lesj÷fors
Thanks Meter: 581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimabr10

it's ok mater, you doing a good job..

Well, i dont manage to get it to work, so its not a good job :/
 
 
14th November 2011, 09:10 PM |#423  
koaaN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lesj÷fors
Thanks Meter: 581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedumbrella

Guess I can cancel this then...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I pm you tomorrow! maybe we can figure something out

now i need to sleep, 2 hr sleep tonight just becouse of this **** that wont work
14th November 2011, 09:11 PM |#424  
Member
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I really wonder why a dev can't just compress and post a whole build-environment somewhere. Every tool is portable. And with a little skillz it should also be possible to build on a windows environment.
Really, this is no black magic. Its just that you have to connect things carefully. So again, why can't any dev simply provide a completely setup environment which is 100% portable???

Edit:
However, if it is hard to set it up on windows there still is virtualBox. Its free, its portable and one small linux-distribution with a completely set up buildenvironment would do the job.
Last edited by simbe.inoX; 14th November 2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Not all said yet...
14th November 2011, 09:14 PM |#425  
Account currently disabled
Constanta
Thanks Meter: 1,554
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koaaN

I pm you tomorrow! maybe we can figure something out

now i need to sleep, 2 hr sleep tonight just becouse of this **** that wont work

but its only 22:13
14th November 2011, 09:18 PM |#426  
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbe.inoX

I really wonder why a dev can't just compress and post a whole build-environment somewhere. Every tool is portable. And with a little skillz it should also be possible to build on a windows environment.
Really, this is no black magic. Its just that you have to connect things carefully. So again, why can't any dev simply provide a completely setup environment which is 100% portable???

That's why I asked what I did. All I had to do to install the tools for it was install macports and the extensions once and make a generic "fill in the blank" conversion script. All I have to do is edit the script for whatever Android thing I need built.
Cyanogenmod does download an included environment, though. Windows isn't that simple. Toolchains and stuff update at a different pace. All this said, it is best to set up a personal environment, but make it adaptable.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
14th November 2011, 09:23 PM |#427  
android-lover's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
got the HD7 for daily use ... as for samsung i m going to hold till proper port come out...

Thanks You All DEVs
14th November 2011, 09:26 PM |#428  
Wayne561's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Since you guys are updating a new kernel, can you please make one for the vibrant? We are behind and maybe a kernel would help us catch up.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
14th November 2011, 09:29 PM |#429  
Quote:
Originally Posted by koaaN

I pm you tomorrow! maybe we can figure something out

now i need to sleep, 2 hr sleep tonight just becouse of this **** that wont work

? Never had to negotiate doing someone favors before :-\

Alright, so now I just have to guess which config file to use then I may as well compile and get this thing out there. Seems like all that I would be waiting for is the name attached to the post.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
14th November 2011, 09:39 PM |#430  
koaaN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lesj÷fors
Thanks Meter: 581
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedumbrella

? Never had to negotiate doing someone favors before :-\

Alright, so now I just have to guess which config file to use then I may as well compile and get this thing out there. Seems like all that I would be waiting for is the name attached to the post.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Use config from the kernel we use now?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, ics, nexus-s port
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes