Download included at the bottom if your phone bricks use ODIN to unbrick it.
WARNING I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE GETTING BRICKED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Tools to update your Samsung Galaxy S 4G to GB 2.3.6 and root it.
1) Install phone drivers on your 32or64-bit Windows machine
2) Install Odin
3) Restart phone in Download Mode and connect to USB
4) Load GB Rom either 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 to 'PDA' in Odin and press start
5) Restart phone in Download Mode and connect to USB
6) Load 1st Root Rom to 'PDA' in Odin and press start (phone will be in boot loop after this step. Do a battery pull and)
7) Restart phone in Download Mode and connect to USB
8) Load 2nd Root Rom in Odin and press start
This will update your Samsung Galaxy S 4G to GB 2.3.6 and root it.
Added 2.6.2.rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=1
Updating to Gingerbread:
Or for using the "alt-root" directory:
PIT&CSC included in download
The only problem I'm having with this root is I can't get Wi-Fi to work.
To fix your Wi-Fi issues install this using your phone to do it so it installs in onto your SD card Valhalla v1.3.2