XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I think my LG Thrill doesn't boot

Tip us?

Trizzy_Trae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I think my LG Thrill doesn't boot

My LG Thrill is not booting. The battery is fully charged. I even replaced the battery and nothing. I am past my warranty and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it?

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
How can you already be past the one year warranty?

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad

Trizzy_Trae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not past the year warranty but if I returned it to At&t they would charge to get a new one (So I was told by customer service). So I'm just seeing if there is a way to fix it before I pay.

CallMeAria
Old
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzy_Trae View Post
My LG Thrill is not booting. The battery is fully charged. I even replaced the battery and nothing. I am past my warranty and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it?
Is it not powering on at all? Or just wont boot into android?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy SII --CM10.1-- Sold
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket --CM10.1--Sold (P.O.S)
Samsung Galaxy S4 --Goldeneye mga --CURRENT

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzy_Trae View Post
I'm not past the year warranty but if I returned it to At&t they would charge to get a new one (So I was told by customer service). So I'm just seeing if there is a way to fix it before I pay.
I swapped 4 captivates between me and my wife in the last year, I have never heard of being charged for warranty replacements. I could understand a restocking fee if you want to return, but not for a warranty replacement. But, I have always handled it over the phone, never in store. I have always been able to get a replacement overnighted to me without issue or charge.

i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad

josuelopezv
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Try to connect to the computer through usb and see if it is recognized during "boot"

Trizzy_Trae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its not powering at all. Ive connected it to the computer through USB and its in a loop of the computer recognizing it and not recognizing it.

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Did you do anything to it, CWM, ROM etc? When I soft bricked my captivate that's all it would do. I had to get a jig to fix it.

I don't know how to unbrick a Thrill, but I think the O3D forum has an unbrick method that should work, if its a soft brick vs hardware failure.

Trizzy_Trae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did CWM and installed a ROM

josuelopezv
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
If the computer "see" the phone it means that at least is not totally dead.. probably it is just bricked follow the unbricking phone guide in the Optimus 3d forum