Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery] Amon Ra style vigor [1.29.13]

Tip us?
 
con247
Old
#11  
con247's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3115
Posts: 3,070
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ann Arbor
I am sure we will get S-Off one way or another.
Current Phone: iPhone 5[s]
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer
 
compchick813
Old
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 78
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb9938 View Post
Since we kinda need some sort of unlock to use this, and htcdev has removed the Rezound, it is actually on topic.

Has anybody gotten an early delivery of a shipped model that might be working on unlocking it?

D
I've received mine and I have no idea how to figure out how to unlock it, but I would be willing to test if anyone has any ideas. I am experienced in rooting and romming my DX
The Following User Says Thank You to compchick813 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
drellisdee
Old
#13  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 824
Posts: 613
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Coast

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb9938 View Post
Since we kinda need some sort of unlock to use this, and htcdev has removed the Rezound, it is actually on topic.

Has anybody gotten an early delivery of a shipped model that might be working on unlocking it?

D
Please respect my wishes and make a new thread about unlocking. I don't wish to comb pages and pages on this thread to have to get feedback and bug reports about recovery and have to sift through pages of unrelated posts about unlocking. This thread is for recovery only.
Current toys :
LG G2
Acer Iconia A500

PayPal USD Donations
 
dsb9938
Old
#14  
dsb9938's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3149
Posts: 1,722
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edison, NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Please respect my wishes and make a new thread about unlocking. I don't wish to comb pages and pages on this thread to have to get feedback and bug reports about recovery and have to sift through pages of unrelated posts about unlocking. This thread is for recovery only.
Sure. I won't be making a thread though. They just get moved to the general or Q&A forums where nobody who has any idea what they're doing ever goes. Something I never got about XDA, why no DEV Q&A?

Anyway, good luck keeping your thread pretty.

D
 
ccrazythunder
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Please respect my wishes and make a new thread about unlocking. I don't wish to comb pages and pages on this thread to have to get feedback and bug reports about recovery and have to sift through pages of unrelated posts about unlocking. This thread is for recovery only.
Since we need to be unlocked to use this recovery and people are trying to get a grasp on what good this would be to us at this point considering that the device is locked. The unlocking questions are relevant in this thread. So what can be accomplished by flashing this recovery if the device is s-off? What would this recovery allow us to do? Flash custom roms? Or just make a nand backup? What is the point of releasing or using this recovery at this point if we don't have s-off? I think that is a point of confusion and as a result questions on unlocking the bootloader are surfacing on this thread. Could you please advise or clarify for a dumba$$ such as myself on what this awesome recovery could be used for on the device considering that it is s-off and only has temporary root at this point? I have read the original post several times and I am still a little confused on this. If the original post has somehow flew over my head please feel free to flame away at me. I am not thinned skinned and do not have to rebuke or retort any harsh responses. Maybe your response could help clear the air and eliminate any further unlocking questions. Thank you in advance for any help or clarification you can provide.
 
dmeadows013
Old
#16  
dmeadows013's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3777
Posts: 2,395
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrazythunder View Post
Since we need to be unlocked to use this recovery and people are trying to get a grasp on what good this would be to us at this point considering that the device is locked. The unlocking questions are relevant in this thread. So what can be accomplished by flashing this recovery if the device is s-off? What would this recovery allow us to do? Flash custom roms? Or just make a nand backup? What is the point of releasing or using this recovery at this point if we don't have s-off? I think that is a point of confusion and as a result questions on unlocking the bootloader are surfacing on this thread. Could you please advise or clarify for a dumba$$ such as myself on what this awesome recovery could be used for on the device considering that it is s-off and only has temporary root at this point? I have read the original post several times and I am still a little confused on this. If the original post has somehow flew over my head please feel free to flame away at me. I am not thinned skinned and do not have to rebuke or retort any harsh responses. Maybe your response could help clear the air and eliminate any further unlocking questions. Thank you in advance for any help or clarification you can provide.
I'm not gonna flame, as I had the same questions back when o first got the Incredible. He put it out here just so that when we do get S-off, we can have it. Just like the roms. We can flash these from recovery. A recovery can be used to flash roms, kernels, make nandroids, wipe data, and mount storage. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Most of us here at XDA will not flame you, as we had the same questions not so long ago.


Sent from my Rezound 4G using XDA App
Current Devices: Google Nexus 5 (Black/32GB), Google Nexus 7 (Black/32GB)


MY WORK:
 
HTC Incredible
GingerStock Rom
AOKP ROM

HTC Rezound
AOKP ROM

Samsung GSIII
KitKangs


Like What I Do? Buy Me an Arizona!



 
ccrazythunder
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeadows013 View Post
I'm not gonna flame, as I had the same questions back when o first got the Incredible. He put it out here just so that when we do get S-off, we can have it. Just like the roms. We can flash these from recovery. A recovery can be used to flash roms, kernels, make nandroids, wipe data, and mount storage. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Most of us here at XDA will not flame you, as we had the same questions not so long ago.


Sent from my Rezound 4G using XDA App
OK. Excellent. Thank you for your response. That was the basis of my confusion was the timing of this release. From my perspective I did not understand why this was released at this point in development considering the phone is not unlocked at this point. The release of this recovery at this point left me with the confusion that flashing a custom rom could somehow be accomplished by using this recovery as of the release date of this recovery. Thank you again for clarifying. Nothing further needs to be discussed relating to unlocking and this recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ccrazythunder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
drellisdee
Old
#18  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 824
Posts: 613
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Coast

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrazythunder View Post
OK. Excellent. Thank you for your response. That was the basis of my confusion was the timing of this release. From my perspective I did not understand why this was released at this point in development considering the phone is not unlocked at this point. The release of this recovery at this point left me with the confusion that flashing a custom rom could somehow be accomplished by using this recovery as of the release date of this recovery. Thank you again for clarifying. Nothing further needs to be discussed relating to unlocking and this recovery.
It was made and tested on a vigor pre official release when the htc dev site worked to s-off the phone. That method no longer is available. The recovery will work as same as for any other device once a new route to s-off is available.
Current toys :
LG G2
Acer Iconia A500

PayPal USD Donations
 
marclile
Old
#19  
marclile's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 182
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
so question... once i actually get s-off and start using this recovery... the menu option for "Wipe data/factory reset", will that wipe the internal SD? I'm hoping that it won't, as normally when i flash a new rom, i do a "data wipe", but i wouldn't really want the internal SD to get wiped in that case.
The Following User Says Thank You to marclile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Devildog8791
Old
#20  
Devildog8791's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 858
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bryant, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by marclile View Post
so question... once i actually get s-off and start using this recovery... the menu option for "Wipe data/factory reset", will that wipe the internal SD? I'm hoping that it won't, as normally when i flash a new rom, i do a "data wipe", but i wouldn't really want the internal SD to get wiped in that case.
Good question. I learned the hard way that a normal factory reset will wipe the internal memory. It never did this on the Incredible.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes