[20-Dec-11] XDA Toolbar for Chrome v1.7
The XDA Toolbar Chrome Extension has now been published on the Chrome Web Store.
- Hide signatures, either all, none, or user-by-user.
- Toggle thread posts full size or minimal.
- Limit image size to 200x200, 300x300 or 400x400 or custom a amount of pixels max (can then be toggled original and reduced).
- Shrink/expand toolbar to keep it out of the way of normal activities.
Please post any feedback, requests, questions or bug reports and I'll get back to you.
The current extension only works on the XDA 2010 scheme. Making it work for XDA Classic is one of the things to do in the future.
Download the Chrome Extension here
- Convert and test in Firefox, as per the previous version.
- Add a "go to top" button to take you to the top of the forum or thread.
- Add an optional confirmation to the thanks button for those of us who sometimes click it when we mean to click the quote button!
- Add an option so you can see who's signatures you are hiding and be able to stop hiding without having to find a post.
- Add an option to automatically pad posts to make them tall enough for the info box on the left (some flags end up in the post below, with or without signatures).
- Add an option to show "basic" stripped-down posts.
- Add a bookmarks menu so that you can bookmark forums and threads in the toolbar rather than your browser.
Users who have the previous "Signature Toggle" extension installed, please uninstall it before using the XDA Toolbar as the two will conflict. You can do this by going to tools, extensions and removing the old version.
Unfortunately, in an effort to future-proof the settings made with the toolbar the old settings are now incompatible, so you will now see any signatures that you had previously hidden. This will not happen with future versions.
Youtube vids are still sitting over the toolbar sometimes.
None of the updates that the toolbar performs take place after replying to a thread.
Added "Jump to top of page" button.
Added hints to toolbar buttons.
Fixed issue where signature options were not persisting.
Added custom image size for people who don't like the default 200, 300, 400 options.
Added some Christmas decoration that can be toggled on and off.
Made the image resize button only appear when the mouse is over the image.
Fixed issue where signatures weren't hidden if there are attachments in the post.
Added toggle toolbar button.
Converted to toolbar.
Added hide/display all signatures, as well as toggle selected.
Hidden signatures are indicated next to user name.
Added thread options - minimize all posts, maximize all posts, maximum image size (200, 300, 400px or original size).
Small images can be toggled original/small.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links
New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks