Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

3.2.1 Update Released in Japan

OP zetsurin

10th November 2011, 11:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11

182 posts
http://www.sony.jp/support/tablet/info2/20111110.html

No details on what's changed (apart from saying "improvements to stability of system software' which could mean anything) and whether they've fixed the annoying wifi disconnect bug (and hopefully media discovery on sd-card2).
Last edited by zetsurin; 10th November 2011 at 11:19 AM.
10th November 2011, 01:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

202 posts
Yeah, I received the update notification this morning (mine is Japan set). Update file size is quite small - around 19MB. Already updated my STS to 3.2.1. No significant changes that I can find. I do feel that it's more smoother navigating menus and launching apps. Will see in a few days if there's any changes with Wi-Fi disconnection problem.

10th November 2011, 07:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 128

676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsurin

http://www.sony.jp/support/tablet/info2/20111110.html

No details on what's changed (apart from saying "improvements to stability of system software' which could mean anything) and whether they've fixed the annoying wifi disconnect bug (and hopefully media discovery on sd-card2).

I'm not sure if I understand the wifi disconnect bug. Are you complaining that the wifi turns off when the screen is locked? Because it's set up to do that from the factory and can be changed in the settings menu under wifi > advanced I believe...
10th November 2011, 09:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclespoon

I'm not sure if I understand the wifi disconnect bug. Are you complaining that the wifi turns off when the screen is locked? Because it's set up to do that from the factory and can be changed in the settings menu under wifi > advanced I believe...

Yes u can and all that wanna set that have done so. It still disconnects once display shuts down. Read more here: Wifi policy problems...

As for the update, hope it comes to our tablets soon and does indeed fix the wifi issue.
11th November 2011, 03:05 AM   |  #5  

202 posts
I think the issue still exist in 3.2.1. Quite a few times my WiFi disconnected when screen turns off.
11th November 2011, 03:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
friends I have to ask you which version is the best is that I will bring the tablet and give me 15 this month and wanted to know who that is vercion I have to have to keep me from whatever it is disconnected wifi greetings
13th November 2011, 04:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Singpapore
Thanks Meter: 14

616 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaynal

Yeah, I received the update notification this morning (mine is Japan set). Update file size is quite small - around 19MB. Already updated my STS to 3.2.1. No significant changes that I can find. I do feel that it's more smoother navigating menus and launching apps. Will see in a few days if there's any changes with Wi-Fi disconnection problem.

Brother, how do you do screen capture on your Sony Tablet?
14th November 2011, 03:13 AM   |  #8  

202 posts
Using DDMS. More info at the following link (post no.7):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1265785
18th November 2011, 03:15 AM   |  #9  
Got the update in Brazil.... 19MB only
18th November 2011, 04:48 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
ps store not workin now
I just got the update here in the states. However the PS store is not working for me now. Keep getting an error 80080018 code.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread