View Poll Results: Should we add a Kernel Splash Logo ? ? ?
Yes 9 42.86%
NO 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

[Kernel][BML][MTD][CM7][CM9][MIUI] G'BYE SAMURAI

8th February 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #4191  
Thanks Meter: 352

779 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthbound[iap]

I threw that fix in the last build... so it has been in there...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Ah, well there you go..no steak necessary!
8th February 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #4192  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,362

1,273 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666

Ah, well there you go..no steak necessary!

I have been working all day on something that is more for myself than anyone but I'm sure anyone who wants to compile samurai will appreciate it...

8th February 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #4193  

779 posts
Quote:

I have been working all day on something that is more for myself than anyone but I'm sure anyone who wants to compile samurai will appreciate it...

I don't know how but now is as good a time as ever..haha
I'll go get some tuts I'm interested to know what it is someone like you keeps to himself

BTW is it bacon flavored? I like bacon..
j/k, I know it's highly unlkely to be bacon-flavored..
8th February 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #4194  
Thanks Meter: 630

3,357 posts
So how is Tanto working on A2? Does it hit 100mhz or will there be an update for A2?
8th February 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #4195  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,362

1,273 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666

I don't know how but now is as good a time as ever..haha
I'll go get some tuts I'm interested to know what it is someone like you keeps to himself

BTW is it bacon flavored? I like bacon..
j/k, I know it's highly unlkely to be bacon-flavored..

I'm working on one scrip to rule (compile) them all, it provides all of the kernels, miui, cm7, cm9, tw.mtd, bml ei22, and bml.el30, provides color bash interface to easily know what's going on, and I even threw in the toolchain, all someone will have to do is clone the repo, sync it for changes, start the script and choose the platform to build for, it is done and working, just need to throw the patches all 33 of the samurai patches on each kernel source and it is good to go... there will be no more checking out branches you will have the complete samurai source for all platforms just as I do, including modules, initramfs, recoveries, etc for each platform.

This is making it a lot less work for me, o and by the way anyone who tells more cores doesn't equal more productivity is wrong ! These 8 cores are awesome...

As for 100mhz it still isn't working as soon as I'm done with this project I will look into it.

Last edited by earthbound[iap]; 8th February 2012 at 03:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthbound[iap] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #4196  
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,928

13,766 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm working on one scrip to rule (compile) them all, it provides all of the kernels, miui, cm7, cm9, tw.mtd, bml ei22, and bml.el30, provides color bash interface to easily know what's going on, and I even threw in the toolchain, all someone will have to do is clone the repo, sync it for changes, start the script and choose the platform to build for, it is done and working, just need to throw the patches all 33 of the samurai patches on each kernel source and it is good to go... there will be no more checking out branches you will have the complete samurai source for all platforms just as I do, including modules, initramfs, recoveries, etc for each platform.

This is making it a lot less work for me, o and by the way anyone who tells more cores doesn't equal more productivity is wrong ! These 8 cores are awesome...

As for 100mhz it still isn't working as soon as I'm done with this project I will look into it.

If I only knew what you were talking about ,
I'm sure when I get my new laptop I could be doing the same only difference is about 4 cores ... laptops stop at quads.... anyways happy you got that beast blazing would love to see the final build picture and specs other than the cpu.

Sent From My Thugnificent SPH-D700 because its more than Magnificent
8th February 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #4197  

779 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoron

I'm sure when I get my new laptop I could be doing the same only difference is about 4 cores ... laptops stop at quads.... anyways happy you got that beast blazing would love to see the final build picture and specs other than the cpu.

I only understood about half of it myself and the half i did understand was still above my pay grade lol but give me until the end of the night to Google myself silly and I'll understand what those words meant
8th February 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #4198  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 83

1,090 posts
More
Quote:

Laptops show 8 cores for Intel due to Hyperthreading.
8th February 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #4199  
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,928

13,766 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenInsight

Laptops show 8 cores for Intel due to Hyperthreading.

? So a dualcore at 2.4-3.0 would be faster than a quadcore 2.4-2.7? Because they can hyperthread? So a dualcore would be an equivalent I'm lost?

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0 :sly:
8th February 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #4200  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 83

1,090 posts
More
Quote:

? So a dualcore at 2.4-3.0 would be faster than a quadcore 2.4-2.7? Because they can hyperthread? So a dualcore would be an equivalent I'm lost?

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0 :sly:

No...I doubt it. BUT, on a laptop, a quad core still allows for 8 threads...so the CPU does handle encoding, media, etc more aggressively. I wasn't comparing it to a true 8 core (which effectively would show up as 16 anyway).

I don't know if he has a true 8 core....

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread