Wow...just got hit with the Throttle. I've only used 6 gigs (had iphone before) this billing cycle and my brand new LTE Skyrocket (which was getting around 58mbps in Tyson's Corner) is now getting about 100kbps. This is some straight BS. My contract is only a week old, so thinking of returning this phone and switching. Whats the point of having unlimited if you can't use it.
This is what has been working for me to "bypass" the throttle. It at least gets me HSPA+ speeds.
I'm using the Rocketeer ROM and I changed the APN and also forced the Network Mode to GSM/HSPA (Auto Mode)
The APN settings are:
Name: HSPA+ ATT
APN Type: Internet
All other settings are default. I also am NOT on 2.3.6 and noticed when I updated the APN didn't work anymore, so I went back.
I also have the WAP Cingular built and have working MMS.
Name: ATT WAP
mms proxy: wireless.cingular.com
mms port: 80
apn type: mms