[Android 4.0][GUIDE]Port ICS transition animations on EVERY ROM & EVERY PHONE
Because some people asked me, I wrote this tutorial that explains how to port ICS transition animations on EVERY ROM
& especially on EVERY PHONE
1) First of all, you need to download and install APK MANAGER
2) Extract with WinRAR, from the ROM you want to modify, the file framework-res.apk, that you can find in the directory \System\framework\.
3) Go to the apk manager folder and place the framework-res.apk
file in the folder "place-apk-here-for-modding
4) In the apk manager folder, double click on the file "Script
". A cmd window will open.
5) Where it says "Please make your decision", write "22
" (Set current project) and enter. Then enter "1
" (to choose the first apk) and enter. Then enter "9
" (Decompile apk) and enter.
The script will decompile the framework-res.apk.
6) Now go to your apk manager folder, go to Projects\framework-res.apk\res\anim\
In this folder there are the animations of your rom. They consist in some .xml files decompiled.
7) Download this:
8) Copy the files from the folder "anims
" of the zip downloaded into the anim folder and you are asked to replace the files; choose yes. Then copy also the files from the folder "other_files
" to the anim folder.
9) Now go to your apk manager folder, go to Projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\
. Edit the file integers.xml
and put these two lines under the line of "shortAnimTime
10) Return to Script. Enter "11
" (Compile apk) and enter.
The script will rebuild the framework-res.apk.
11) You are asked if this is a system application. Enter "y
" and enter. Then a second question appears. Enter newly "y
12) Then after it processes, Don't press anything
& DON'T CLOSE THIS WINDOW
!!! A new folder "keep
" is created in the apk manager folder. Go inside it and delete the file "resources.arsc
". Now go inside keep\res\anim\
and delete every file with the same name
as every file of the "anims
" folder of the zip downloaded.
Then return to Script and press enter. It processes, then if everything went ok, in the folder "place-apk-here-for-modding
" a file "unsignedframework-res.apk
" is created. Copy it outside and rename it "framework_res.apk".
13) Now you can create a flashable zip or you can simply push it to your system (but you have to sign the apk).
CONGRATRULATIONS!!! YOU ARE DONE!!!
And if you think this tutorial is useful, CLICK THANKS
Now I'm satisfied and i can continue studying phylosophy for tomorrow test...
P.S.: If you think that this post can help or interest people of other forums (with other devices), please share this post
and also give credit to me
Video of this mod working: