Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 48,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

APN Settings with working MMS (Skyrocket)

Tip us?

madmike23
Old
(Last edited by madmike23; 16th November 2011 at 02:31 AM.) Reason: Updated Settings
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default APN Settings with working MMS (Skyrocket)

Ok, for those of us that have problems connecting to non-mobile websites, this solution worked for me. I've tried so many combinations- all resulted in internet working, but no MMS. I need MMS!!!

I was also up all night with AT&T regarding this issue (still pending). So after a couple hours, multiple tries, I hung up, they said they'll call me back after they find a solution. Whatever! It was 3:30am, I was trying different combinations until I passed out. I woke up and it was working!!! Powered off & on a few times. Still working. Applied the same settings on the wife's Skyrocket and now it's all working.

Name: attwap (name it whatever you want)
APN: wap.cingular
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Menu> Save. BackButton. Select the APN you created (green dot). BackButton. Done.

Noobs - To get to APN settings: Menu> Settings> Wireless and network> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names. Menu> New APN.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to madmike23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madmike23
Old
(Last edited by madmike23; 11th November 2011 at 03:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I dont know if "wap.cingular" is faster than "phone" (other APN), or vice versa. I tried speedtest on both, same ballpark in my area. The point is that the internet and MMS is working. I will "settle" for this until AT&T fixes this problem. LTE not yet available in my area. They said the PTA network is brand new and they're still working out the kinks.

Hope this works for you, too.

tpham08901
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Works great man, I spent a lot of time on this last night couldn't get both internet and mms to work.

crawlgsx
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
Ditto, I ended up going back to pta because I couldn't get MMS to work on anything else.
Chris D.
AT&T | BB Z10
Previously - LG G3, HTC One M8 ,LG G2, Nexus 5, HTC One, BB Z10, Note II, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920, ATT GS3, Note N7000, Skyrocket, Infuse 4g, Inspire 4g , Atrix 4g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPhone, HTC 8525, many dumb-phones.

madmike23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I'm glad it worked for you guys too. I was a bit annoyed switching back and forth whenever I had to send an MMS. The trouble was my wife couldnt- didnt know how. Now life is good... for now...

tpham08901
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Well LTE is suppose to roll out to NY in the near future so hopefully we only have to use this work around for a bit more.

mex2309
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default APN Differences?

Thanks Mike-

Works great! Data is constant now throughout all the sites I visit, no data loss. Also MMS works! And through speedtest app my DL is very close to the other APNS here in my non-LTE market in Harrisburg, PA.

Can somebody explain or point me in the direction of the differences between the APNS: pta, phone, and wap cingular?

mbze430
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike23 View Post
I dont know if "wap.cingular" is faster than "phone" (other APN), or vice versa. I tried speedtest on both, same ballpark in my area. The point is that the internet and MMS is working. I will "settle" for this until AT&T fixes this problem. LTE not yet available in my area. They said the PTA network is brand new and they're still working out the kinks.

Hope this works for you, too.

looks as though you can't even use the phone apn along with the those mms setting in the same profile anyway.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 + Quantum v5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 + Official CM11

cheiftokitdown
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Worked for me also.

geff603
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Seems to work for me too. I don't know much but, all this cingular stuff wouldn't suggest we are using a different network would it? And we get a bill for roaming or something lol

TRENDING IN THEMER...