FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

[ROM] I897UCKK2 [Android 2.3.5][10.11.2011]

556 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,704
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th November 2011, 02:56 PM |#71  
rajendra82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomween1

Sorry, by then we'll see KL2

KL2 won't be built until December 2011, because K = 11th Year, L = 12th Month, 2 = Second Build. This is why all the KJ builds were from October 2011, while KK1 and KK2 were from November 2011.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajendra82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
14th November 2011, 04:20 PM |#72  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra82

KL2 won't be built until December 2011, because K = 11th Year, L = 12th Month, 2 = Second Build. This is why all the KJ builds were from October 2011, while KK1 and KK2 were from November 2011.

Thanks brother, never knew that! Sooooo dose anybody remember AA1
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2011, 04:50 PM |#73  
IlluminatedOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Blacksburg
Thanks Meter: 1,361
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomween1

Thanks brother, never knew that! Sooooo dose anybody remember AA1

LOL, android wasn't even born that time..
16th November 2011, 02:40 PM |#75  
El Niche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I flashed the previous 2.3.5 ROMs and have been seeing a great improvement compared to Froyo. However, in the last two that were released, my phone either reboots or freezes when I try to unlock it (prob once every 5-6 days). This never happened with Froyo. Could it be an app I'm using, or should I go ahead and try KK2 to see it is a memory problem (its like if it was running out of RAM until it poops and reboots or freezes) that was solved?
Im using GO Launcher I dont know if that causes the problem. Has anyone experienced this and should I flash this one to see if its solved (Im currently in KJ3)?

Thanks!
16th November 2011, 03:22 PM |#76  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 646
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche

I flashed the previous 2.3.5 ROMs and have been seeing a great improvement compared to Froyo. However, in the last two that were released, my phone either reboots or freezes when I try to unlock it (prob once every 5-6 days). This never happened with Froyo. Could it be an app I'm using, or should I go ahead and try KK2 to see it is a memory problem (its like if it was running out of RAM until it poops and reboots or freezes) that was solved?
Im using GO Launcher I dont know if that causes the problem. Has anyone experienced this and should I flash this one to see if its solved (Im currently in KJ3)?

Thanks!

You should definitely flash KK2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
16th November 2011, 03:39 PM |#77  
nbell13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuta Syuko

You should definitely flash KK2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Agreed. KJ3 was very buggy compared to previous builds, and was a major factor in my jumping ship to CyanogenMod 7
18th November 2011, 10:26 PM |#78  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
So far this ROM and its variants has/have been pretty good to me. I havent had 1 sleep death since I flashed. Much more stable than KJ3 I would say.
19th November 2011, 02:22 AM |#79  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche

I flashed the previous 2.3.5 ROMs and have been seeing a great improvement compared to Froyo. However, in the last two that were released, my phone either reboots or freezes when I try to unlock it (prob once every 5-6 days). This never happened with Froyo. Could it be an app I'm using, or should I go ahead and try KK2 to see it is a memory problem (its like if it was running out of RAM until it poops and reboots or freezes) that was solved?
Im using GO Launcher I dont know if that causes the problem. Has anyone experienced this and should I flash this one to see if its solved (Im currently in KJ3)?

Thanks!

I had reboot problems all the time with KJ3, sometimes multiple times a day, and then multiple in a row upon boot. I had installed GO Launcher, uninstalled it, and still had the problems. KK2 isn't perfect, but a week in, I am trusting it a lot more than I had trusted KJ3.
The Following User Says Thank You to stoobie-doo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2011, 04:05 AM |#80  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 646
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoobie-doo

I had reboot problems all the time with KJ3, sometimes multiple times a day, and then multiple in a row upon boot. I had installed GO Launcher, uninstalled it, and still had the problems. KK2 isn't perfect, but a week in, I am trusting it a lot more than I had trusted KJ3.

Well the KJ series (never really tested any of the others so I'm not sure if it holds true for them) had an issue where if you had too many apps installed (or rather too much storage spaced being used by the app installations including whatever the app downloads after you install it from the market) to the internel SD/USB storage it would cause your phone to constantly reboot and of course the work around that I ended up using was moving all my non-game apps to the phone and not downloading so many game apps at once which I'm still doing so I can't say for sure if the KK series has this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyuta Syuko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes