Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Mounts2SD - Storage & Memory Management

Tip us?

BleedingIris
Old
(Last edited by BleedingIris; 13th February 2013 at 07:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 742
Default Re: [App/Script] Mounts2SD - An All-in-one sd-ext solution (2.2.0/5.5.0 - Jan 26, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik007rock View Post
tried on cm10 beta and also on cm9 but same result maybe pmr is interfering with mount2sd
What version of mount2SD? Is it play version? /the one posted in our forum?
I tried the play version both on cm9 and cm10..no problem.. (though a older one)

"How many apps are optimizing? "
Did you install acid /xloud?
cm10 htc a310e k2.6 w /smooth of butter & broke Cam/corder
If I didn't answer you for a long time, then enter the answer to your question is either here or here.

nik007rock
Old
(Last edited by nik007rock; 13th February 2013 at 08:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcpayme View Post
What version of mount2SD? Is it play version? /the one posted in our forum?
I tried the play version both on cm9 and cm10..no problem.. (though a older one)

"How many apps are optimizing? "
Did you install acid /xloud?
cm10 htc a310e k2.6 w /smooth of butter & broke Cam/corder
first i tried the one from our forum it worked no prob but iam the one who is always up to date(with apps and all) so i tried this one(apk)
almost all apps 70-80 apps
The Following User Says Thank You to nik007rock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Astorcamon
Old
(Last edited by Astorcamon; 13th February 2013 at 03:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Nice script, but i have some issues on jb 4.2.1 (Rom: OldDroid CM 10.1 for Ace s5830) (SD: Samsung 32 GB C10)

I need disable "safe mode" to use "move data" or "move dalvik".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool View Post
As of Script Version 5.5.0 (App version 2.2.0), m2sd has an experimental workaround for devices that is executing init.d from within a service. This workaround will allow you to use the Data and Dalvik option if Safe-mode has been disabled. The workaround however is built using a ugly and possibly unstable hack, so you are advised to make a backup of your /data partition before trying this out, as the success of this workaround might depend on your Device and/or ROM.
[/CODE][/LIST]
1 - Moving dalvik did my phone really unstable. (Freezes, crashes, double boot with double optimizing apps, errors on file system, and all you can imagine)

2 - Moving data i get "not enough space" from play store. (Only movable apps can be installed).

3- Using "reverse mount" option, doesn't end booting. (Fails too on DroidAce Rom CM 7.2)

Im having the same 2 and 3 problems with other xxx2SD scripts.
I followed this steps to install: Wipes and format system > install rom > reboot > install script > format sd to Ext3 or Ext4 > reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to Astorcamon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dk_zero-cool
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4385
Default Re: [App/Script] Mounts2SD - An All-in-one sd-ext solution (2.2.0/5.5.0 - Jan 26, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorcamon View Post
Nice script, but i have some issues on jb 4.2.1 (Rom: OldDroid CM 10.1 for Ace s5830) (SD: Samsung 32 GB C10)

I need disable "safe mode" to use "move data" or "move dalvik".

1 - Moving dalvik did my phone really unstable. (Freezes, crashes, double boot with double optimizing apps, errors on file system, and all you can imagine)

2 - Moving data i get "not enough space" from play store. (Only movable apps can be installed).

3- Using "reverse mount" option, doesn't end booting. (Fails too on DroidAce Rom CM 7.2)

Im having the same 2 and 3 problems with other xxx2SD scripts.
I followed this steps to install: Wipes and format system > install rom > reboot > install script > format sd to Ext3 or Ext4 > reboot
Like it says. Disabling safe-mode works for some, but not all. The reason safe-mode is even on, is because your ROM executes init.d as a service. The issue is with the ROM. Only fix is to implement proper init.d to your ROM, something many ROM devs has been getting very bad at. Even some official CM roms has started emerging which uses the pure lacy init.d implementation, which does not look good for init.d's future.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Device: Samsung GT-I9300
----------------------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Astorcamon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool View Post
Like it says. Disabling safe-mode works for some, but not all. The reason safe-mode is even on, is because your ROM executes init.d as a service. The issue is with the ROM. Only fix is to implement proper init.d to your ROM, something many ROM devs has been getting very bad at. Even some official CM roms has started emerging which uses the pure lacy init.d implementation, which does not look good for init.d's future.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Thx dk_zero, i think that implement a proper init.d is not in my hands. But i can try if anyone knows a way to fix it (?).
Im new on android looking for extend the memory of my phone

Negroid
Old
Thanks Meter 12

I use this app and it works great. One problem though: when I reboot my device, the script sometimes undoes itself and I have to reflash the zip. After I do that, it functions normally but this is really inconvenient. I tried converting the mounts2sd to a system app with titanium backup but that's not preventing the issue. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 running PAC Man Rom [Current]
HTC Sensation 4G (HTC Pyramid) running CMX Kang by bruce2728 [Retired]
MyTouch 3g Slide running CM7 [Broken]

dk_zero-cool
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negroid View Post
I use this app and it works great. One problem though: when I reboot my device, the script sometimes undoes itself and I have to reflash the zip. After I do that, it functions normally but this is really inconvenient. I tried converting the mounts2sd to a system app with titanium backup but that's not preventing the issue. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
Okay that's new, what do you mean by undoes itself?
Device: Samsung GT-I9300
----------------------------------

post-mortem
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negroid View Post
When it undoes itself, is the script still present in init.d?
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.
----------

> 10 Nandroid backup
> 20 Flash experimental .zip
> 30 IF (works) THEN GOTO 50
> 40 Nandroid restore
> 50 Eat cake

frankfurts
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi does this app support SDXC cards? I have a 32Gb SDXC card partitioned with 30gb fat32 and 2gb ext2, mounts2sd doesnt recognise my sd card at all however the stock ROM and Links2SD do.

thanks for any help

Im using a motorola Razr V XT885

lichan
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfurts View Post
Hi does this app support SDXC cards? I have a 32Gb SDXC card partitioned with 30gb fat32 and 2gb ext2, mounts2sd doesnt recognise my sd card at all however the stock ROM and Links2SD do.

thanks for any help

Im using a motorola Razr V XT885
I am using it in an HTC EVO 4G with a 64 GB micro SDXC, so Mounts2SD does work. I partitioned my card in the recovery (smelkusmod_amon_ra) and converted the sdext partition (2GB) to ext4 and m2sd had no problems recognizing and using it.