Post Reply

[Q&A] Mounts2SD - Storage & Memory Management

16th April 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #271  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357
 
2,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Hi...after i wiped my phone, flashed the ROM and the mount2sd why phone doesn't boot. I lgcat I found

Code:
D/mounts2sd(  880): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/bluetoothd exists...
D/mounts2sd(  886): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/bluetooth exists...
D/mounts2sd(  892): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/keystore exists...
D/mounts2sd(  898): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/vpn exists...
D/mounts2sd(  904): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/systemkeys exists...
D/mounts2sd(  910): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/vpn/profiles exists...
D/mounts2sd(  916): Checking if sub-directory /data/misc/wifi exists...
D/mounts2sd(  922): Checking if sub-directory /data/local/tmp exists...
D/mounts2sd(  928): Checking if sub-directory /data/local/download exists...
D/mounts2sd( 1035): Connecting /cache/dalvik-cache with /data/dalvik-cache...
V/mounts2sd( 1043): Creating link between /cache/dalvik-cache and /data/dalvik-cache...
V/mounts2sd( 1053): Mounts2SD has been loaded!
I/run-parts(   81): [1]   Terminated              logcat >${M2SD_L...
I/DEBUG   ( 1101): debuggerd: Apr 15 2012 00:29:39
D/AK8973  ( 1108): AK8973 daemon 1.3.4 Start
D/AK8973  ( 1108): (Library version : 1.2.1.620)
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
I/Vold    ( 1099): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up
D/Vold    ( 1099): Volume sdcard state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)
D/Vold    ( 1099): Volume sdcard state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)
D/Vold    ( 1099): Volume sdcard state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)
D/Vold    ( 1099): USB connected
D/Vold    ( 1099): Share method ums now available
I/Netd    ( 1100): Netd 1.0 starting
D/Vold    ( 1099): USB connected
I/Netd    ( 1141): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1150): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1157): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1166): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1173): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1180): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1187): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1194): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1201): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1208): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1215): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1222): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1229): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1236): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1243): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1249): Netd 1.0 starting
I/Netd    ( 1256): Netd 1.0 starting
and that goes on and on....

Any help please
16th April 2012, 11:15 AM   |  #272  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 4,418
 
3,277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Hi...after i wiped my phone, flashed the ROM and the mount2sd why phone doesn't boot. I lgcat I found

....

and that goes on and on....

Any help please

I have had that issue on my ROM to once. That is not caused by the script. That is a problem with one of libs or the init.rc in your ROM and should be reported to the ROM dev.
Last edited by dk_zero-cool; 16th April 2012 at 11:18 AM.
16th April 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #273  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357
 
2,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

I have had that issue on my ROM to once. That is not caused by the script. That is a problem with one of libs or the init.rc in your ROM and should be reported to the ROM dev.

I have removed the script 05mountsd from /system/etc/init.d and than I have flashed the mound2sd and get the problem.
When I dont remove that script and flash only the ROM I dont get that problem but mound2sd won't start...something about "sd-ext allready mounted" or so

EDIT: Even if I flash ony the ROM without that 05mountsd it boots normaly!

Code:
--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/cm      (   78): Welcome to Android 2.3.7 / CyanogenMod-7-UNOFFICIAL-20120415-Desire
I/cm      (   79):                                                 _
I/cm      (   80):  __ __ _ ___  _ _  __  ___  __ _ _  _  _  __  __))
I/cm      (   81): ((_ \(/'((_( ((\( ((_)((_( (('((\( ((`1( ((_)((_(
I/cm      (   82):      ))                 _))
I/cm      (   83):
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  139): Initiating Mounts2SD (v:4.2.0) [Mon Apr 16 10:38:03 GMT 2012]
V/mounts2sd(  178): Checking configurations...
V/mounts2sd(  315): Optimizing /system readahead...
V/mounts2sd(  320): Disabling /system atime & diratime...
V/mounts2sd(  332): Optimizing /data readahead...
V/mounts2sd(  338): Waiting for sdcard to initiate...
V/mounts2sd(  347): sdcard found at /dev/block/mmcblk0...
V/mounts2sd(  359): Setting sdcard readahead to 512kb...
V/mounts2sd(  432): Running e2fsck on sd-ext...
I/run-parts(   73): e2fsck 1.41.10 (10-Feb-2009)
I/run-parts(   73): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: clean, 11/98304 files, 14377/393216 blocks
V/mounts2sd(  455): The sd-ext partition was mounted successfully at /sd-ext using auto detection of the file system typ
e!
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  520): Creating link between /data/app and /sd-ext/app...
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  562): Creating link between /data/app-private and /sd-ext/app-private...
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  622): Creating link between /data/app-system and /sd-ext/app-system...
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  817): Mounts2SD has been loaded!
D/AK8973  (  860): AK8973 daemon 1.3.4 Start
D/AK8973  (  860): (Library version : 1.2.1.620)
I/DEBUG   (  853): debuggerd: Apr 15 2012 00:29:39
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
I/Vold    (  851): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up
D/Vold    (  851): Volume sdcard state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)
D/Vold    (  851): USB disconnected
D/Vold    (  851): Share method ums now unavailable
D/Vold    (  851): USB disconnected
D/Vold    (  851): Volume sdcard state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)
D/Vold    (  851): Volume sdcard state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)
D/Vold    (  851): USB connected
D/Vold    (  851): Share method ums now available
I/Netd    (  852): Netd 1.0 starting
D/Vold    (  851): USB connected
I/Netd    (  893): Netd 1.0 starting
There must bes something wrong....after I have flash the mount2sd i get that error with "Netd 1.0 starting"
and strange ist
"I/run-parts( 73): chown: no such tool"
too....
Attached Files
File Type: txt 05mountsd.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 25 views)
Last edited by DirkStorck; 16th April 2012 at 11:41 AM.
16th April 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #274  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 4,418
 
3,277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

I have removed the script 05mountsd from /system/etc/init.d and than I have flashed the mound2sd and get the problem.
When I dont remove that script and flash only the ROM I dont get that problem but mound2sd won't start...something about "sd-ext allready mounted" or so

EDIT: Even if I flash ony the ROM without that 05mountsd it boots normaly!

......

There must bes something wrong....after I have flash the mount2sd i get that error with "Netd 1.0 starting"
and strange ist
"I/run-parts( 73): chown: no such tool"
too....

First of, if you have 05mountsd then you have another script using the sd-ext partition besides mounts2sd. Try give me the content of the init.d folder.

Second, I find it strange that it complains about the chmod and chown commands. Check to make sure that /system/xbin/busybox.m2sd exists.
The Following User Says Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #275  
DirkStorck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357
 
2,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

First of, if you have 05mountsd then you have another script using the sd-ext partition besides mounts2sd. Try give me the content of the init.d folder.

Second, I find it strange that it complains about the chmod and chown commands. Check to make sure that /system/xbin/busybox.m2sd exists.

I have downloaded the ROM from http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/giggl...x.php?id=bravo

I have attached the content of the init.d folder.
Thanks for your help

EDIT: The ROM booted normaly and after I have installed mount2sd with default settings I get those problems with "Netd"....

EDIT2: busybox.m2sd exists!

Code:
# ls busybox*
ls busybox*
busybox       busybox.m2sd
#

And here is the logcat after restart

Code:
I/mountsd (   97): Checking filesystems..
I/run-parts(   73): e2fsck 1.41.10 (10-Feb-2009)
I/run-parts(   73): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: clean, 11/98304 files, 14377/393216 blocks
I/busybox (  104): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /sd-ext failed: Invalid argument
I/logwrapper(  104): busybox terminated by exit(255)
I/busybox (  107): chown: /sd-ext: Read-only file system
I/logwrapper(  107): busybox terminated by exit(1)
I/busybox (  109): chmod: /sd-ext: Read-only file system
I/logwrapper(  109): busybox terminated by exit(1)
I/mountsd (  111): /sd-ext successfully mounted
I/run-parts(   73): chown: /data/property/m2sd.*: No such file or directory
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: /data/property/m2sd.*: No such file or directory
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  158): Initiating Mounts2SD (v:4.2.0) [Mon Apr 16 11:08:10 GMT 2012]
V/mounts2sd(  197): Checking configurations...
V/mounts2sd(  378): Optimizing /system readahead...
V/mounts2sd(  383): Disabling /system atime & diratime...
V/mounts2sd(  395): Optimizing /data readahead...
V/mounts2sd(  401): Waiting for sdcard to initiate...
V/mounts2sd(  410): sdcard found at /dev/block/mmcblk0...
V/mounts2sd(  422): Setting sdcard readahead to 512kb...
V/mounts2sd(  494): Running e2fsck on sd-ext...
I/run-parts(   73): e2fsck 1.41.10 (10-Feb-2009)
I/run-parts(   73): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: clean, 11/98304 files, 14377/393216 blocks
V/mounts2sd(  517): The sd-ext partition was mounted successfully at /sd-ext using auto detection of the file system typ
e!
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
Attached Files
File Type: zip init_d.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.4 KB, 20 views)
Last edited by DirkStorck; 16th April 2012 at 12:15 PM.
17th April 2012, 12:24 PM   |  #276  
Member
Flag Ulsan
Thanks Meter: 1
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Same
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

I have downloaded the ROM from http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/giggl...x.php?id=bravo

I have attached the content of the init.d folder.
Thanks for your help

EDIT: The ROM booted normaly and after I have installed mount2sd with default settings I get those problems with "Netd"....

EDIT2: busybox.m2sd exists!

Code:
# ls busybox*
ls busybox*
busybox       busybox.m2sd
#

And here is the logcat after restart

Code:
I/mountsd (   97): Checking filesystems..
I/run-parts(   73): e2fsck 1.41.10 (10-Feb-2009)
I/run-parts(   73): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: clean, 11/98304 files, 14377/393216 blocks
I/busybox (  104): mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /sd-ext failed: Invalid argument
I/logwrapper(  104): busybox terminated by exit(255)
I/busybox (  107): chown: /sd-ext: Read-only file system
I/logwrapper(  107): busybox terminated by exit(1)
I/busybox (  109): chmod: /sd-ext: Read-only file system
I/logwrapper(  109): busybox terminated by exit(1)
I/mountsd (  111): /sd-ext successfully mounted
I/run-parts(   73): chown: /data/property/m2sd.*: No such file or directory
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: /data/property/m2sd.*: No such file or directory
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool
V/mounts2sd(  158): Initiating Mounts2SD (v:4.2.0) [Mon Apr 16 11:08:10 GMT 2012]
V/mounts2sd(  197): Checking configurations...
V/mounts2sd(  378): Optimizing /system readahead...
V/mounts2sd(  383): Disabling /system atime & diratime...
V/mounts2sd(  395): Optimizing /data readahead...
V/mounts2sd(  401): Waiting for sdcard to initiate...
V/mounts2sd(  410): sdcard found at /dev/block/mmcblk0...
V/mounts2sd(  422): Setting sdcard readahead to 512kb...
V/mounts2sd(  494): Running e2fsck on sd-ext...
I/run-parts(   73): e2fsck 1.41.10 (10-Feb-2009)
I/run-parts(   73): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: clean, 11/98304 files, 14377/393216 blocks
V/mounts2sd(  517): The sd-ext partition was mounted successfully at /sd-ext using auto detection of the file system typ
e!
I/run-parts(   73): chown: no such tool
I/run-parts(   73): chmod: no such tool

I have a same issue in same ROM...
The issue occurred in both of eurosKank's ROM and oxygen based WildMild..
So I using mount2sd 3.0.4...
17th April 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #277  
caballon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 12
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Can this can be USed by galaxy nexus thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334668884134.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1009150  
17th April 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #278  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 4,418
 
3,277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Will try this weekend to install the mentioned ROM and see if I can locate the problem. Since the ROM is for an Desire and I own one, it should not be to much of a problem. But don't have time before then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by caballon

Can this can be USed by galaxy nexus thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Not sure. Think that the /dev layout is a bit different on that one. But it can be made to work on it, if I can get some output from you as I don't own one.

However, does the Galaxy Nexus not have plenty of internal space for apps? Why would you want this? These scripts are originally made for phones with about 500mb of internal nand or less.
The Following User Says Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #279  
voyager20021's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 187
 
1,084 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Good thing about this script> flashing another kernel keeps M2SD, so i don`t have to reflash the script every time i change kernel, as other a2sd scripts. I hope this is normal behaviour, cause it`s great. Thanks man.

Question> can i flash 4.2.0. aroma over 3.0.4 legacy withoul losing installed apps?
Last edited by voyager20021; 19th April 2012 at 08:36 AM.
20th April 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #280  
topgeardave's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 488
 
1,197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

Will try this weekend to install the mentioned ROM and see if I can locate the problem. Since the ROM is for an Desire and I own one, it should not be to much of a problem. But don't have time before then.




Not sure. Think that the /dev layout is a bit different on that one. But it can be made to work on it, if I can get some output from you as I don't own one.

However, does the Galaxy Nexus not have plenty of internal space for apps? Why would you want this? These scripts are originally made for phones with about 500mb of internal nand or less.

Hey DK, I love your script but I face the same problem as the other 2 guys on the Mildwild CM 4.3 ROM. It just results in the joker splashscreen. I can provide a log for you if you want. And I can attach the init.d folder if you wish?
Edit: Do you know which files in the init.d are used by apps2sd?
Last edited by topgeardave; 20th April 2012 at 06:09 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Software and Hacking General [Developers Only] by ThreadRank