No registration required

[Q] Corrupted Radio, every reinstall ends in a whitescreen sooner or later

OP Aero089

12th November 2011, 12:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Ahoy, beloved XDA!

I never thought I'd end up posting something like this, but it seems that my phone is near-screwed as of this last month. I've held off jumping the question for as long as I could, but one failure after another has lead me to this.

My HTC HD2 has become unstable. It first manifested in my phone shutting down at random and getting stuck on a white screen (while nothing had changed for months), and now it can never hold a fresh installation down for longer than a day.

I've done multiple fresh from-the-ground-up installs. I installed the stock ROM through my microSD-card, which will fail 24/25 times before finally allowing the Radio to be overwritten.

The steps I take:
  • Reinstall stock through SD-card
  • Install HSPL
  • Task24
  • Install Radio 2.15.50.14
  • Install MAGLDR
  • Install CWM
  • Flash ROM
The Task24 step also includes Radio installation, though skipping the additional radio installation step doesn't change the outcome.

Completing these steps usually allows me to use my phone for about half a day or so before it begins to randomly freeze or reboot, ultimately leading to the phone never getting past the white screen.

Is there anything I can try to do to get things fixed?
12th November 2011, 04:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742

2,310 posts
More
Try to use the phone in Stock mode (Winmo stock) and see if you face the same symptoms, just to eliminate the hardware defect possibility .
12th November 2011, 04:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Ah yes, I intended to do this earlier but looking at WinMo made me a bit too impatient to wait with installing Android.

I'll do so now and I'll keep you updated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread